2. Are you male or female?
[x] Male
[ ] Female

3. How often would you drink alcohol?
[ ] Daily
[x] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Never

4. What would you describe binge drinking as?
More than a few units, whether regular or not.

5. Please tick which boxes you believe to be one unit of alcohol.
[ ] Pint of beer
[x] Half a pint of beer - where beer is the crappy lager we get in pubs nowadays, say 3.5%?
[ ] Big glass of wine
[x] Small glass of wine
[ ] Single shot of a spirit - old measurements were 25ml ~1U; new measurements are ~35ml

6. Would you say that you know how much units your sex is allowed in a week? If yes please state your answer.
[x] Yes
[ ] No

7. Would you consider yourself a binge drinker?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[x] Sometimes

8. Have you ever felt pressured into drinking alcohol?
[ ] Yes
[x] No

9. Would you support the idea of rising the drinking age to 21? Please explain your answer.
[ ] Yes
[x] No
If people want alcohol underage, they can obtain it. Standing outside corner shops paying adults to buy alcohol for them is extremely effective, and given the culture, I don't think it would change significantly given a raise in the drinking age to 21. On top of that, I'm 18 years old, and I drink responsibly. Most drinking sessions include just 2-3 pints of rough scrumpy, which might well be considered a "binge", but I act responsibly after this amount of alcohol consumption. I work hard every day of the week, and a couple of times a week, I want a swift pint in the evening over a bit of banter and then to bed. Not that I have a reliance on alcohol, but I really wouldn't appreciate having this right taken away from me.

10. How would you say that underage youth are obtaining alcohol?
[x] Parents
[x] Young adults
[x] Fake IDs
[x] Other (please specify)
Parents buy it, as do older friends; friends'/fake IDs can be used to get into bars and clubs, and you can always stand outside the local convenience store until somebody agree to go in and buy it for you. Coem on, I got offered a blowjob to buy a bottle of Lambrini when I was 16 because I could get served.

11. Who do you feel is responsible for binge drinking in young adults and underage youth?
[x] Family
[x] Peers
[x] Media
[x] Celebrities
Everybody. It's a culture now, underage drinking. It's not so much seeing celebrities drunk, because despite their high-profiles, the media doesn't grab too much of it unless they show some nudity, family often encourage responsible drinking but not always and the media give underage drinkers more attention that they deserve. There is a lot of peer pressure out there to drink and take drugs, but peer pressure I would say applies to situations where the person under pressure doesn't already want to drink, for example. This isn't so much the case I find, so much as, most teenagers want to drink already, and they might just get some slight encouragement from seeing peers drinking.

12. Why do you think that some people feel the need to drink alcohol on a daily basis?
For me, it rewards a long day's work and helps me to relax. For others, it's a way of letting their hair down, a way to boost confidence, an excuse for inappropriate acts, the risk, and the thoughts of drunken funny moments.

13. In your opinion, what action should be taken in order to reduce the number of people binge drinking?
A combination of a number of factors: more CCTV around stores watching for people trying to buy underage, stricter laws than "pour it down the drain" to those caught drinking underage, and bartenders need to "man up" and refuse drinks more. The latter is difficult to enforce, partly because it's a subjective decision for the bartender, partly because they don't want to stir up a fuss, and partly because the bar/club/store wants to make money.

14. In your opinion, what action should be taken to reduce the number of underage drinkers?
As above, perhaps minus the manning up of bartenders.

15. Would you know of the risks of binge drinking?
[x] Yes
[ ] No

16. Some risks of binge drinking would be:
[ ] Hangover
[ ] High blood pressure (hypertension)
[ ] Difficulty concentrating
[ ] Memory lapses
[ ] Mood changes

Please tick the appropriate boxes if you have suffered from any of the conditions above. If you haven’t, please tick the box below.
[x] I have not suffered from any of the above.

17. Would you suffer from any medical conditions? If so what would they be?
[ ] Yes ___________________________________________________________
[x] No¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

18. Have you ever been in hospital because of binge drinking? If yes please specify.
[x] No

19. Would you of had any accidents in relation to alcohol? If yes please specify.
[x] No

20. Have you ever done something while intoxicated, you now regret? If yes please specify.
[x] No

21. How often in the last year have you failed to do what was normally expected of you because of drinking? E.g. missing work, forgetting deadlines, etc.
[x] Never
[ ] Less than monthly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily
1. What age group are you in?
[ ] 16-17
[x] 18-19
[ ] 20-21
[ ] 22-23
[ ] 24-25
[ ] 25+

[ ] Male
[x] Female

[ ] Daily
[ ] Weekly
[x] Monthly
[ ] Never

Drinking a lot in one go and getting a bit rowdy

[ ] Pint of beer
[x] Half a pint of beer
[ ] Big glass of wine
[x] Small glass of wine
[ ] Single shot of a spirit

6. Would you say that you know how much units your sex is allowed in a week? If yes please state your answer.
[ ] Yes
[x] No

[ ] Yes
[x] No
[ ] Sometimes

[ ] Yes
[x] No

9. Would you support the idea of rising the drinking age to 21? Please explain your answer.
[ ] Yes
[x] No
I think that being taught how to gradually handle alcohol is much better. My parents let me drink alcopops from the age of 11 (moved onto harder alcohol when I was about 15) and I seem to be the only person out of my friends who hasn't thrown up at a pub/party and can actually handle my drink. People drink underage and that's never going to stop and rising the age is just going to make the streets even worse because there will be even more teenagers hanging about who are so bored and they will probably be more likely to turn to drugs. If they're both illegal, might as well go for the drugs as well!

[x] Parents
[ ] Young adults
[ ] Fake IDs
[ ] Other (please specify)

11. Who do you feel is responsible for binge drinking in young adults and underage youth?
[ ] Family
[x] Peers
[x] Media
[ ] Celebrities
[ ] Other (please specify)

12. Why do you think that some people feel the need to drink alcohol on a daily basis?
Depression?

13. In your opinion, what action should be taken in order to reduce the number of people binge drinking?
Liver tests? I don't know, I think people should be allowed to do what they want to do.

14. In your opinion, what action should be taken to reduce the number of underage drinkers?
There shouldn't be. I think it's acceptable for teenagers to have a few alcopops with their friends when they're younger. I think this should be done indoors though, so maybe police patrols at night to stop teenagers drinking on the streets.

[x] Yes
[ ] No

[ ] Hangover
[ ] Memory lapses
[ ] Mood changes

Please tick the appropriate boxes if you have suffered from any of the conditions above. If you haven’t, please tick the box below.
[x] I have not suffered from any of the above.

[ ] Yes
[x] No

18. Have you ever been in hospital because of binge drinking? If yes please specify.
[ ] Yes
[x] No

19. Would you of had any accidents in relation to alcohol? If yes please specify.
[ ] Yes
[x] No

20. Have you ever done something while intoxicated, you now regret? If yes please specify.
[ ] Yes
[x] No

21. How often in the last year have you failed to do what was normally expected of you because of drinking? E.g. missing work, forgetting deadlines, etc.
[x] Never
[ ] Less than monthly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily
Reply 22
I need some people to please take some time and fill in this questionnaire for me. it would be much appreciated :smile:

[ ] 16-17
[ ] 18-19
[ ] 20-21
[ x ] 22-23
[ ] 24-25
[ ] 25+

[ ] Male
[ x ] Female

[ ] Daily
[ x ] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Never

Drinking a large amount of alcolhol and having memory loss, vomiting etc It also is drinking over the recommended daily allowance.

[ ] Pint of beer
[ x ] Half a pint of beer
[ ] Big glass of wine
[ ] Small glass of wine

[ x ] Yes
2-3 units
[ ] No

[ x ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Sometimes

[ x ] Yes
[ ] No

[ x ] Yes
[ ] No
People are drinking alcohol young and younger these days and don't realise the dangers of it. I drank at an early age and when I look back on my young drinking years it scares me. Education needs to be looked at also.

[ ] Parents
[ x ] Young adults
[ ] Fake IDs
[ ] Other (please specify) _____________________________________________

[ ] Family
[ x ] Peers
[ ] Media
[ ] Celebrities
[ x ] Other (please specify)
It's my own fault really

Mental health issues can be to blame and addiction.

Education more on alcohol abuse and raising the legal age limit

Same as above really

[ x ] Yes
[ ] No

[ x ] Hangover
[ x ] High blood pressure (hypertension)
[ x ] Difficulty concentrating
[ x] Memory lapses
[ x ] Mood changes

[ ] I have not suffered from any of the above.

[ ] No¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

[ x ] Yes
Had some accidents when drunk. Once I fell and banged my head once and once I overdosed on anti-depressants when drunk
[ ] No

[ x ] No

[ x ] Yes Been arrested, unprotected sex....the list goes on but I don't dwell on regrets. It has happened...move on.
[ ] No

[ ] Never
[ ] Less than monthly
[ x ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily
[ ] 16-17
[ ] 18-19
[ ] 20-21
[ ] 22-23
[ ] 24-25
[ X ] 25+

[ ] Male
[ X ] Female

[ ] Daily
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[ X ] Never (Gave up drinking about a year ago for health reasons)

__Drinking a lot in one go with the intention of getting very drunk. _____________________________________________________________

[ ] Pint of beer
[ X ] Half a pint of beer
[ ] Big glass of wine
[ X ] Small glass of wine
[ X ] Single shot of a spirit

[ X ] Yes __14_________________________________________________________
[ ] No

[ ] Yes
[ X ] No
[ ] Sometimes

[ X ] Yes
[ ] No

[ ] Yes
[ X ] No
__The US already has the drinking age at 21, and it causes more problems than it solves. It also causes a really stupid attitude to booze among college students. 18 is fine. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[ ] Parents
[ X ] Young adults
[ X ] Fake IDs

[ X ] Family
[ X ] Peers
[ ] Media
[ ] Celebrities

______Lack of confidence? Some people feel painfully shy without a drink. Others drink daily to self-medicate, to deal with their problems. Unfortunate, but that just seems to have become almost normal here. _____________________________________________________________

____Education, and offer alternatives to the drunken night out._______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____Same as the previous question.

[ X ] Yes
[ ] No

[ X ] Hangover
[ X ] High blood pressure (hypertension)
[ X ] Difficulty concentrating
[ X ] Memory lapses
[ X ] Mood changes

[ X ] Yes ___Mild IBS, hypoglycaemia, lactose intolerance ________________________________________________________
[ ] No

[ ] No

[ X ] No

[ X ] Yes __Slept with someone I regret sleeping with _________________________________________________________
[ ] No

[ X ] Never
[ ] Less than monthly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily
[ ] 16-17
[x] 18-19
[ ] 20-21
[ ] 22-23
[ ] 24-25
[ ] 25+

[ ] Male
[x] Female

[ ] Daily
[x] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Never

_Drinking so much that you don't have control over what you are doing (e.g. passing out in public) _________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[ ] Pint of beer
[x] Half a pint of beer
[ ] Big glass of wine
[x] Small glass of wine
[x] Single shot of a spirit

[x] Yes _around 14 weekly (2-3 daily) ________________________________________________ _________
[ ] No

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[x] Sometimes

[ ] Yes
[x] No

[ ] Yes
[x] No
I like being able to drink. I'm rarely irresponsible with it and if you are going to consider an 18 year old an adult then you have to let them make their own decisions. Also, if you raise the drinking age its just going to encourage more underage drinking because i cannot see most people going through uni without drinking anything! __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[x] Parents
[x] Young adults
[x] Fake IDs (all 3 of those happened round me)
get it yourself - a lot of places don't check id if you know where to go. _____________________________________________

[ ] Family
[x] Peers
[x] Media
[x] Celebrities

_makes them feel big/ allows someone to escape the real world for a while. _________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

A more sensible definition of it! a lot of people exceed 6 units in a night but that does not mean they are causing problems, its just demonising an entire generation. for anyone who is causing problems, one warning and then fairly harsh penalties/regular checks to make sure they don't have alcohol in their bloodstream. __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

stop glamorising drinking in the media would probably cut down on the people drinking just to look 'cool' __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[x] Yes
[ ] No

[x] Hangover
[x] Difficulty concentrating
[x] Memory lapses
[] Mood changes

[x] Yes problem with bones in shoulder __________________________________________________ _________
[ ] No¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

[ ] Yes __________________________________________________ _________
[x] No

[x] No

[x] Yes getting badly intoxicated in the first place! i'm fairly sure i was sick, it only happened once and its not happening again! __________________________________________________ _________
[ ] No

[x] Never
[ ] Less than monthly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily
Reply 25
[ x] 16-17
[ ] 18-19
[ ] 20-21
[ ] 22-23
[ ] 24-25
[ ] 25+

[ ] Male
[ x] Female

[ ] Daily
[ ] Weekly
[x ] Monthly
[ ] Never

________drinking for no reason__________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[ ] Pint of beer
[ ] Half a pint of beer
[x ] Big glass of wine
[ ] Small glass of wine

[ x] No

[ ] Yes
[x ] No
[ ] Sometimes

[x ] Yes
[ ] No

[ ] Yes
[ x] No
__________________________________________________ __People are going to drink in uni. ________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[ ] Parents
[ ] Young adults
[x ] Fake IDs

[ ] Family
[ ] Peers
[ x] Media
[ ] Celebrities

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________Addiction_________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

__________________________________________________ _______________Increase awareness of health effects___________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______Increase security- eg. fake ID's or maybe even increase the price so they can't afford it.____________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[ ] Yes
[x ] No

[ x] Hangover
[ x] High blood pressure (hypertension)
[ x] Difficulty concentrating
[ x] Memory lapses
[x ] Mood changes

[ x] No¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

[x ] No

[x ] No

[x ] Yes ___spoken to family members_______________________________________________ _________
[ ] No

[x ] Never
[ ] Less than monthly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily
Reply 26
[ ] 16-17
[ ] 18-19
[X] 20-21
[ ] 22-23
[ ] 24-25
[ ] 25+

[X] Male
[ ] Female

[ ] Daily
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[X] Never

When you drink alcohol in a large volume in one setting of time. __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[ ] Pint of beer
[X] Half a pint of beer
[ ] Big glass of wine
[ ] Small glass of wine

[X] No

[ ] Yes
[X] No
[ ] Sometimes

[ ] Yes
[X] No

[ ] Yes
[X] No
This is the UK and not America, the system is as it should be. Look at France. __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[X] Parents
[ ] Young adults
[ ] Fake IDs

[ ] Family
[ ] Peers
[ ] Media
[ ] Celebrities
[X] Other (please specify)
Government because of the taxation on drinking that then leads to the 'open market' on policy and sales across the board. The current legislation shows this, with new labour allowing 24 hour drinking.

12. Why do you think that some people feel the need to drink alcohol on a daily basis

The feeling of intoxication that takes them from the depths of their pain.__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Bring in the last institution that really means something in the UK. The Armed Forces.______________________________

The same.____________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[X] Yes
[ ] No

[X] Hangover
[X] Memory lapses
[ ] Mood changes

[X] I have not suffered from any of the above.

[X] Yes You'd be really ****** up. Like a funky chicken. _________________________________________________ _________
[ ] No¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

[X] No

[X] No

[X] Yes Whilst in the Army Defence College I went to France and fought with the French, and swapped my uniform for an airforce cap. _________
[ ] No

[X] Never
[ ] Less than monthly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily

22. Do you think that this questionnaire is too bloody long?

Yes.

ha ha, lots of Love, me
x x x x
[ ] 16-17
[ ] 18-19
[ ] 20-21
[ ] 22-23
[ ] 24-25
[x ] 25+

[ ] Male
[x ] Female

[ ] Daily
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[x] Quarterly
[ ] Never

__________________________________________________ ____________Drinking a large amount of alcohol for the deliberate intention of becoming intoxicated______________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[ ] Pint of beer
[ ] Half a pint of beer
[ ] Big glass of wine
[ x] Small glass of wine

[x ] No

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Sometimes
[x]Used to be when I was younger. I would go out once a month and get sloshed.

[ ] Yes
[x ] No

[ ] Yes
[x ] No
______________If you can legally have sex (ergo have a child) at 16, and drive a car at 17, and vote at 18, seems ridiculous for you to have to be 21 before you are considered responsible enough to drink____________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[ ] Parents
[ ] Young adults
[ ] Fake IDs
[ ] Other (please specify) _____Honestly I haven't got a clue, I don't hang around with any underage youths in order to ask them________________________________________

[x ] Family
[x ] Peers
[ ] Media
[ ] Celebrities

__________________________________________________ _____Couldn't tell you. Perhaps they like the feeling of being drunk so much that they've become addicted. It is an addictive substance after all (is alcohol)_____________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

__________________________________________________ ____________Parents should educate their children more thoroughly about alcohol, but at the end of the day it's down to the individual whether or not to listen to the advice.______________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

__________________________________________________ ___________Parents, again, should be paying closer attention to what is going on in the lives of their children. The ID restrictions are already in place, so that's sorted._______________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

[ x] Yes
[ ] No

[ x] Hangover
[ ] Memory lapses
[ ] Mood changes

[x ] No

[ x] No

[x ] No

[x ] No

[x ] Never
[ ] Less than monthly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily

I have not been drunk since November 2004
I need some people to please take some time and fill in this questionnaire for me. it would be much appreciated :smile:

[ ] 16-17
[ ] 18-19
[ x ] 20-21
[ ] 22-23
[ ] 24-25
[ ] 25+

[ ] Male
[ x ] Female

[ ] Daily
[ x ] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Never

_when you have a lot of alcohol at one time and then don't have much for the next week or so _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[ ] Pint of beer
[x ] Half a pint of beer
[ ] Big glass of wine
[ ] Small glass of wine

[ x ] Yes ___________________________________________________________
[ ] No

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ x ] Sometimes

[ ] Yes
[ x ] No

[ ] Yes
[x ] No
___i think this would just encourage people to try and buy alcohol more to be honest, because they know they shouldn't be having it because they are underage they will want it more _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[ ] Parents
[ ] Young adults
[ x ] Fake IDs

[ ] Family
[ x ] Peers
[ ] Media
[ x ] Celebrities

_i think when people are having a stressful time in their lives they often turn to alchol to get through it and this gradually becomes that they are drinking everyday, they most likely didn't intent this, it s a slippery slope_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

__more education in schools about the effects of alcohol______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___pubs and clubs should be stricter about i'd when people are going in_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[x ] Yes
[ ] No

[ x ] Hangover
[ x ] Memory lapses
[ x ] Mood changes

[x ] I have not suffered from any of the above.

[ x ] No¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

[x ] No

[ x ] No

[ x ] Yes __________smashed some ornaments after an argument with mymum_________________________________________________
[ ] No

[ ] Never
[x ] Less than monthly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily
Reply 29
[ ] 16-17
[ ] 18-19
[X] 20-21
[ ] 22-23
[ ] 24-25
[ ] 25+

[X] Male
[ ] Female

[ ] Daily
[X] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Never

Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol more than once a week.

[ ] Pint of beer
[X] Half a pint of beer
[ ] Big glass of wine
[X] Small glass of wine
[X] Single shot of a spirit

[X] Yes 14 units
[ ] No

[ ] Yes
[X] No
[ ] Sometimes

[ ] Yes
[X] No

[ ] Yes
[X] No
It would make no difference at all, young people will be able to get it just as easily and it will make it more alluring to teenagers.

[ ] Parents
[X] Young adults
[ ] Fake IDs

[ ] Family
[X] Peers
[X] Media
[ ] Celebrities

Personal problems in their life that they can't deal with.

More expensive alcohol.

More expensive alcohol, heavy penalties on those buying and selling to underage kids, ID compulsory (within reason)

[X] Yes
[ ] No

[X] Hangover
[X] High blood pressure (hypertension)
[X] Difficulty concentrating
[X] Memory lapses
[X] Mood changes

[X] I have not suffered from any of the above.

[X] No¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

[X] No

[X] No

[X] No

[X] Never
[ ] Less than monthly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Daily

Latest