Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Help please- I need a conformity questionnaire.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I'm doing a 1st year uni research project & I need to find a questionnaire which measures people's conformity levels.
    I have tried searching, but had no luck, and was wondering if anyone could help me out, maybe if you've used something before?
    Thanks
    +rep goes to whoever sends me one first, of course x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Erm, well there are loads of studies done on conformity, maybe you could look at them and devise something yourself?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is only an A level suggestion, but what we did once was show particpants a picture of a woman or man and ask them to write down how old they thought he/she was, on a piece of paper. One group are shown a picture and write on a blank piece of paper, and the other group is given a piece of paper with 'other participants' suggestions. Supposedly, those with a higher level of conformity write an age similar to what is on the rest of the page.
    Hope this helps in some way!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    We've been told to use one that's already out there. That gives it validity whereas one we make ourselves might be flawed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure these are what you are looking for, but just take a look...

http://www.gotoquiz.com/do_you_conform

http://www.quiztron.com/tests/is_con...quiz_46314.htm

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/test...qid=28652&kq=6

http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/1ZL85ts/...-just-not-care

http://apps.facebook.com/quizcreate/...ithin-society/
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear..

I think OP is looking for an academic questionnaire that has been reliability and validity tested and subsequently been used in research.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll really struggle to find an academic questionnaire that has been published. I've just been creating a questionnaire for my third year dissertation (sciences though), and it takes a LOT to validate it, and mine is still incredibly flawed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Oh dear..

I think OP is looking for an academic questionnaire that has been reliability and validity tested and subsequently been used in research.
    Yeah I know, but I couldn't find anything apart from these so I just thought I'd post them anyway :p: Also hence why I did say that they probably aren't what they were looking for...
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP, try the Concern For Appropriateness Scale (Lennox & Wolfe, 1984).

or the Conformity Vignettes (Brendt, 1979).
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone I have eventually found one (which I can link you to if you'd like to see it) but it took me AGES to find!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi gemma, i am now doing a research project and i myself need a conformity questionnaire. i am a little pressed for time, as my group and i only decided to add the conformity questionnaire in last minute. i actually need it by tomorrow lol and well i know this is extremely short notice but can you pass it on to me asap please.thanks so much for your help, greatly appreciated
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi, i'm doing a research on conformity and i also need a conformity questionnaire.. do you mind if you send me one as soon as possible please.... i really appreciate it..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Thank you everyone I have eventually found one (which I can link you to if you'd like to see it) but it took me AGES to find!
    Hi. i am looking for a conformity questionnaire and am loosing my mind trying to find one. would you mind letting me know which one you used? i know this was a while back that you were looking for one
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    OP, try the Concern For Appropriateness Scale (Lennox & Wolfe, 1984).

or the Conformity Vignettes (Brendt, 1979).
    Hey sorry this is over a year late but thanks for your help all that time ago with this.

And apologies to everyone who asked me for the link to the one I used, as I'm now on a different computer and have no way to find it again (and not organised enough to have saved a copy of it).

I hope your research all goes well to those who are doing similar things to what I did two years back.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    can you please sne dme the link?
    I will appreciate that very much!
    I also need that kind of conformity questionnaire, and I happend to find your post.
    can you help please?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently doing my EPQ my question is "why do we socially conform?" I thought maybe using a questionnaire could really make my essay so much more interesting to corroborte with research. Any suggestions please?? Thanks

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 22, 2014
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.