The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
my two brothers came up to visit me in manchester a while back and both got completely lashed in the union because drinks were half the price they are where we live in london, and hence, they drank twice as much...
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
it works the other way round too...being back in London for the summer is scary in terms of drink prices...luckily for me, my home friends are all working and minted and I get most of my drinks bought for me! :biggrin:

I still sorely miss pound a drink nights and the like though! :frown:

(40 days till i'm back in Manchester!)
Reply 22
jameso88
how did u get to know most of your current friends were they in the same halls as you or same course or just sorta happened

I'm going back to Mcr in Sept for my MA but also did my BA there - I met most of the friends I kept in touch with just by running in to them in the same pubs / clubs etc. It's a small enough city that it happens like that sometimes but definitely not too small that you get bored!!! :p:
Reply 23
jameso88
you seem like the person to ask, this is a very important serious question (for me), HOW MUCH IS IT A PINT up in mancester

The main redeeming quality of living at St Anselm Hall: Pints at 8op.
Reply 24
its all male tho, i dont really want that if you no what i mean, would i b allowed to come in and drink tho
Reply 25
jameso88
its all male tho, i dont really want that if you no what i mean, would i b allowed to come in and drink tho

i think so, i was in the halls across the road and we were allowed to drink in there.
apparently living in st anselm is not as bad as it sounds.
Reply 26
I think its generally fine for people from different halls to drink in each other's bars
Reply 27
okay nice one, is it any pint that is 80p or is it only specific beverages
lots of pubs clubs and cheap drinks!
lots of gigs played in student union by famous bands .
for more information you should check the schedule from student union.
they have a list of gigs going on each year.
easy access to city centre. basically the uni is in the city!!
meeting people is prolly the least thing you need to worry about
its a typical student town but with a lot more to add in.
never short of parties, except holiday seasons like summer or xmas when studnets have gone home. those times its rather dull here.
whereabouts is it? is it near the town, or the airport etc? it says 30 mins from airport, which direction? what area of manchester? thanks
It's Oxford Road. Bang in the middle of the city centre. Going by road, you'll just keep following the signs to City Centre, and then there are signs to 'Universities.' So right in the middle.

Latest

Trending

Trending