The Student Room Group

A Conditional suddenly becoming Unconditional?

Hi all!
I'm an Italian guy who is applying to a UK University. I still have to take Ielts/Toefl, I was waiting for Uni's decisione before doing that.
My 1st and 2nd choice have both made me conditional offers: obtaining Ielts blah blah or above, I was expecting that.
A few days after, anyway, my 1st choice changes the offer to unconditional and offers me a place on the course.
I can't explain that.
What do you suggest me to do?
Do you think I should contact the University and ask about clarifications? I cannot think of how to formally say something like "Uh, what happened to that conditional?"
Reply 1
Definitely worth contacting the university just to check.
MegaLeon
Hi all!
I'm an Italian guy who is applying to a UK University. I still have to take Ielts/Toefl, I was waiting for Uni's decisione before doing that.
My 1st and 2nd choice have both made me conditional offers: obtaining Ielts blah blah or above, I was expecting that.
A few days after, anyway, my 1st choice changes the offer to unconditional and offers me a place on the course.
I can't explain that.
What do you suggest me to do?
Do you think I should contact the University and ask about clarifications? I cannot think of how to formally say something like "Uh, what happened to that conditional?"

Well, someone correct me If i'm wrong here, but they can't now withdraw that offer since its legally binding, so I wouldn't see any need to contact them, but there is no harm in doing so if you wish, just say "I would like to confirm my offer is unconditional since the original offer was conditional, now it is showing as unconditional".
Reply 3
The-Wi$e-One
Well, someone correct me If i'm wrong here, but they can't now withdraw that offer since its legally binding, so I wouldn't see any need to contact them, but there is no harm in doing so if you wish, just say "I would like to confirm my offer is unconditional since the original offer was conditional, now it is showing as unconditional".

you're wrong.

they can change the offer if they've made a mistake

Latest

Trending

Trending