The Student Room Group

I have two questions about the IB Math Portfolio?

1) In Math SL type 1, I chose "Logarithm Bases"...and I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question correctly...For the first pattern it says..."Write your expression in the form p/q where p nd q are integers."
The formula I found was a(n-1)/n...where n is the nth term...the question says that the numerator and the denominator need to be integers...Mine is not an integer...but when you substitue numbers for "n"...they will be integers eventually...also...it says that the formula needs to be a sequence...is mine considered a sequence...I was googling this to see if my answer was correct...but I found out that other people came up with another equation...k/n...(where k is the exponent of 8 and n is the exponent of the base)...I think that k/n makes more sence than my formula...even though my formula also works for all the terms in the formula...I'm not sure if that's what they are asking for...so my question is: Is my formula correct? Should I change the formula and write k/n? Or should I write both the formula I found (even though I think they won't want it) and the formula I found online?

2) Math type 2: I chose the "Fishing Rods" one...at the end it tells us to state the limitations of the quadratic equation...what does it mean by "limitations"?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help...

Latest

Trending

Trending