The Student Room Group

The Asian Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by baohiens
Hello I'm Vietnamese and one of my close friends at college is Malaysian. She can speak Catonese, Mandarin, Chinese hokkien, Malay,... and is now teaching me Mandmarin. I'm really jealous of Malaysian people and I admire them as well cos they know too many languages!
Nice to know you btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! I can only understand Malay and Mandarin and only speak a little bit of Hakka... not too impressive compared to your friend tbh :P
Reply 761
Chinese Malaysian studying As in London :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 762
Im asian though i live in Australia. im chinese, cambodian, japanese and korean XD My dads chinese and cambodian and my mums japanese and korean...im so mixed...:/
Reply 763
WE DUH ASIAN~ just felt lik typing thatt :biggrin:
Hi~ I'm mixed Asian :P I'm half Korean, half Chinese (go me I'm trilingual :biggrin:)
Reply 765
I'm half Filipino and Chinese! Hollaaa my Asian community :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JollyJ
I'm half Filipino and Chinese! Hollaaa my Asian community :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Part filipino here! Hi! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 767
Original post by donutaud15
Part filipino here! Hi! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :smile:
I don't think Orientals should be called Asians otherwise we can't really differentiate between Indian/Pakistani/Bengali Asian and Oriental Asian.
AND all Chinese/Japanese/Koreans/Filipinos already have the name 'Oriental', whereas Indians/Pakistanis/Bengalis don't, so it would be so easy just to start the separate names.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello, I was wondering if any of you could please help me with my dissertation by filling out an online survey. I desperately need Asian/South East Asian participants, as my dissertation aims to explore the differences in how Easterners and Westerners perceive a scene. Here is the link if you are interested:

http://chichpscyh.eu.qualtrics.com/S...JyH8BI6bmmeQXX

Many thanks!
Original post by Dr.Black Knight
I was going through the list of socities in TSR only to find there wasn't an Asian society.

So c'mon lets create one.
so
C'mon
Asians.
Which countries are yo all from.???
It would be registered as a society after there are many replies.

China!! haha
I am Asian yes
Indian.
Reply 773
Original post by ananya_01
Indian.

I swear Indians come from North America?
Reply 774
Original post by nk02
I swear Indians come from North America?

Are you serious? :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest