The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hypocriticaljap
Don'r forget to not confuse the clearing for international students - loads of places and the clearing for home students - virtually none.

Oh yeah, that sucks... The universities earning lots of money then..
Reply 21
Good bloke
University courses in clearing are published in The Independent on results day, so stop off at the newsagents on your way to school.

Thank you!
Reply 22
Good bloke
University courses in clearing are published in The Independent on results day, so stop off at the newsagents on your way to school.

Hi. Does UCAS adjustment work for points as well. Say if I offer 240 points which is really low, but achieved AAB?
Thanks
Unknown88
Hi. Does UCAS adjustment work for points as well. Say if I offer 240 points which is really low, but achieved AAB?
Thanks

Presumably you mean that your offer requirement is 240 points. Yes, to qualify for UCAS Adjustment you have to attain more than your firm offer requirement.
Reply 24
Good bloke
Presumably you mean that your offer requirement is 240 points. Yes, to qualify for UCAS Adjustment you have to attain more than your firm offer requirement.

Yes, thank you :smile:
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch courses through adjustment? if so, do you have to produce another personal statement or are they just gonna base it on your final results?
blessing in disguise
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch courses through adjustment? if so, do you have to produce another personal statement or are they just gonna base it on your final results?

you can swap courses if you want, provided that you exceed your firm offer. If it's at the same uni then you probably don't need to use adjustment. Just talk to the university and see if you can change course.
F1 fanatic
you can swap courses if you want, provided that you exceed your firm offer. If it's at the same uni then you probably don't need to use adjustment. Just talk to the university and see if you can change course.

thanks a lot for the enlightenment ! appreciate it.
Did anyone actually get a place in adjustment last year? It was the first time it was done and I have never read a thing about it since. I seriously doubt if any top universities will have places available through adjustment this year.
hypocriticaljap
Did anyone actually get a place in adjustment last year? It was the first time it was done and I have never read a thing about it since. I seriously doubt if any top universities will have places available through adjustment this year.

Might be of interest to you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=20694980

Being new we too wanted to get as many people as possible to comment on how successful it was and so we ran that thread where people could tell us about their experiences. I would agree with you though, in that it seems to have had limited applicability to the top ranking universities so far.

Latest

Trending

Trending