The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Its ok i'm pretty good at disguising myself as one of them :cool:

TBH you really don't need to know much slang to live comfortably in London. It is quite often described as the Most Cosmopolitan City In The World. You can be sure that people will understand you no matter where you're from!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
...i have a question...

what does "chav" or "chavvy" mean?
I suppose a kind of US equivalent to 'chav' is 'trailer trash'. Just search 'chav' on the Internet, and I'm sure you'll come up with all sorts of lovely stuff.
Reply 23
shes "buff, tick, fit, bangin etc," - shes extremely good looking

thats "long, missions etc", - whatever you are planning to do seems to be a very time consuming task.

you chat "air, crap, breeze,etc" - whoever you are conversing with
maybe trying to decieve you as what they are saying is highly unbelievable

"wot-a-gwannin bruv, easy now, yes yes, etc." - Hello mate, hows everything going.

Ive been off from uni for hols so cant think of nemore at the moment, when i think of more il put them up n those of u who wana practice it can!

Safe,
Laters (Bye)
Reply 24
Stop tryyyna beg it people....you dont/wont really speak like dat, jus like you wont turn paddy if you went to Ireland...

You aint dat...so dont try it...get me?!
Reply 25
And you dont really wana be sayin chav...its not nice..

I mean you're no better than people who were tracksuits...get over yaselfs..
Reply 26
skanz
Stop tryyyna beg it people....you dont/wont really speak like dat, jus like you wont turn paddy if you went to Ireland...

You aint dat...so dont try it...get me?!

I think you've totally missed the point of this thread. Switch off your computer and contemplate what you've just said; Im sure you'll conclude what you just said:

1) Has now ruined the thread

2) Was absolute crap

Thank you :smile:
Reply 27
HTale

Thank you :smile:

you're most welcome :smile:

Didnt think i'd "ruin your thread" :eek:
Reply 28
phatz00
...i have a question...

what does "chav" or "chavvy" mean?

other appropriate, descriptive words/phrases of a "chav" may be c*nt, tw*t, t*sspot, w*nker, someone god didnt get quite right. there are others, but i think this will keep u going :smile:

Latest