Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_springs)
    The only thing I know about World of Warcraft is LEEEERROOOOYYY MJENKINS
    :lol: i remember that, sooo funny...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I only really play for the leveling and gearing up through normal dungeons. I don't like raiding it bores me :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    I only really play for the leveling and gearing up through normal dungeons. I don't like raiding it bores me :/
    Yeh I agree, I never really went raiding, just started a new character when I hit 80
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramjams)
    Yeh I agree, I never really went raiding, just started a new character when I hit 80
    So do you actually bother with the end game?

My auntie plays and she's like this, she just levels to max level, then rerolls a new character - she plays every moment she has spare, since pre-tbc so she's had like 15+ max level characters.

Personally, I haven't liked wow's pvp or endgame since they first introduced WSG.

Scripted encounters were abit nicer than other MMO's, old school razorgore/vael (pre-nerf) was so much fun after grinding MC for ageeesss, kazzak+azu too.

I stopped caring when they announced expansions, and stuck to twinking (29) thinking my gear wouldn't become obsolete like my Naxx geared warriors' ./bitter.

Well implemented game, nice easy UI for peeps new to MMO's, but didn't bring anything special to the table, and took them 3-4+ years to bring in features that were promised since concept.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Playing WoW and not bothering with the end game content is like baking a cake and not eating it tbh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebbson)
    Playing WoW and not bothering with the end game content is like baking a cake and not eating it tbh.
    Not everyone likes the same type of cake.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The end game content is only there for those who want that sort of thing. Some people would rather start a new character, or camp outside Orgrimmar / Stormwind heckling the other faction, or even repeatedly boost people through Deadmines.

I love the odd raid but I have to admit I much prefer half arsed five mans with my guild.

This damn thread, while possibly created to stir up anti-WoW sentiments, is actually making me consider going back on there for the aforementioned half arsed fun. Bugger.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've not played it much. Don't like the large amount of walking around at all. Do however, like the Battle grounds. CTF FTW. :yep:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love World of Warcraft.

My boyfriend and I play together quite a bit, seeing as we're both Level 80 it makes things a lot easier than trying to level together. Usually, we run through instances, use the BGs and so on. Mind you, neither of us can stand raiding... especially not when it's with my guild. :sigh:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I've not played it much. Don't like the large amount of walking around at all. Do however, like the Battle grounds. CTF FTW. :yep:
    This instanced pvp crap removed the epic scale feel MMO's should have. Open world/roaming pvp ftw.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boon!)
    This instanced pvp crap removed the epic scale feel MMO's should have. Open world/roaming pvp ftw.
    they are called PvP servers. stop complaining.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mate plays this. He never goes out, when we ask him to hit some clubs with us, or just go out anywhere, he makes up ****** excuses so he can just sit at home and play WoW... He even went home early from the pub on his birthday because of a raid =/
    I can't let that happen to me, so I won't play it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    they are called PvP servers. stop complaining.
    I'm not sure what your point was, but I guess I'll explain mine a little more clearly for you.

I played on a pvp server. I loved it, people would roam around looking for fights. If you couldn't find anyone somewhere - which was unlikely back then, there was always SS/TM. As people were leveling up guilds would wander around the opposite factions meeting points waiting for groups to go to instances when there were no instances - i.e. on my server (Burning Legion pre-transfers to Grim Batol and Magtheridon) we had Nihilium camping the tunnel from Loch Modan to Searing Gorge, Alliance at Kargath as groups headed to BRM... pretty much everyday, purely for the sake of annoying the opposite faction and pvp - since there were no pvp instances, the full server population was somewhere in the world, or in one of the few pve dungeons, the server felt much more 'alive', and you didn't have to wander long before running into an equally minded person.

My warrior was Knight by level 56 from wandering around STV, SS and Lights Hope Chapel. We had some epic fights back then. Full horde raids on duskwood, rogues causing chaos to the hundreds of people leveling in Lakeshire, and them calling on alliance chat or whatever for higher levels to come clear them. Outside Grom'Gol - In the early days, there were 4 people on the server with Arcanite Reapers, only one was on alliance. Healers were told to focus purely on this guy as he'd wade into the horde, followed by a bunch of mere Blackhand Doomsaw and Brain Hacker's or Dreadforge Retaliators.

It's simply not the same since they added pvp instances. Sure you can still roam, but the majority of the time you'll only come across levelers that don't want to pvp. That's not fun, and I'd hardly call it pvp. The faction vs faction feel of this game is practically non existant, and atleast back then when 40 man dungeons were introduced factions had a sense of pride when a guild - somewhere in the world, was the first to down a raid boss, no one cares so much anymore.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boon!)
    It's simply not the same since they added pvp instances. Sure you can still roam, but the majority of the time you'll only come across levelers that don't want to pvp. That's not fun, and I'd hardly call it pvp. The faction vs faction feel of this game is practically non existant, and atleast back then when 40 man dungeons were introduced factions had a sense of pride when a guild - somewhere in the world, was the first to down a raid boss, no one cares so much anymore.
    I disagree with you there. I don't play the game anymore, but I did play when TotC25 was released and I was in a guild racing to get to server second Anub'arak heroic (we were on the same server as Inner Sanctum). Of course, those world first races were usually dominated by about 5/6 top guilds, more so back in the day (Nihilum, IS, SK Gaming etc) but now content is arguably easier than it used to be, mostly because gear is easier to get, so there may have been some drop in interest.

However, there is still a relatively big buzz around Ensidia/IS and the recent surge in other guilds, i.e Paragon, and who will get new world firsts (especially end bosses). I was never one to get involved with that fanboyism, but as soon as a video of a world first was released, I would most definitely watch it.

Oh and I leveled a holy priest on a PvP server :p: That was a massive ballache.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with you there. I don't play the game anymore, but I did play when TotC25 was released and I was in a guild racing to get to server second Anub'arak heroic (we were on the same server as Inner Sanctum). Of course, those world first races were usually dominated by about 5/6 top guilds, more so back in the day (Nihilum, IS, SK Gaming etc) but now content is arguably easier than it used to be, mostly because gear is easier to get, so there may have been some drop in interest.

However, there is still a relatively big buzz around Ensidia/IS and the recent surge in other guilds, i.e Paragon, and who will get new world firsts (especially end bosses). I was never one to get involved with that fanboyism, but as soon as a video of a world first was released, I would most definitely watch it.

Oh and I leveled a holy priest on a PvP server :p: That was a massive ballache.
    Well I haven't played properly since BC. I spent 2?~ years of my life MT'ing, raid leading, offtanking the dragons through BWL because no other tank knew how to taunt when wing buffet was coming -.-, getting gear and hunting down that damn pesky right binding, and within a week of downing Kel Thuzad it was all made obsolete. I don't know why designers think it's a good idea to increase level cap in MMO's, all they're doing in the end is adding more content, which they can provide without doing that. It's like I paid someone a few hundred £ to screw me over and teabag my corpse.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boon!)
    Well I haven't played properly since BC. I spent 2?~ years of my life MT'ing, raid leading, offtanking the dragons through BWL because no other tank knew how to taunt when wing buffet was coming -.-, getting gear and hunting down that damn pesky right binding, and within a week of downing Kel Thuzad it was all made obsolete. I don't know why designers think it's a good idea to increase level cap in MMO's, all they're doing in the end is adding more content, which they can provide without doing that. It's like I paid someone a few hundred £ to screw me over and teabag my corpse.
    The time it takes from 70-80 is mad. Although, sadly, I did manage to get 3 level 80s, along with another 3 level 70s and 2 level 60s that I forgot about. I used to MT/raid lead too, in a fairly decent guild but the stress levels were mad. Needless to say, I quit that guild and joined the second best guild on the server, which was crazy fun. I'll probably bust out my copy when Cataclysm hits and hunt down my mates, see if they still play.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did that 10 day free trial thing but I didn't know about the steroetype, it was kinda boring at the begining but then become good fun. I would pick it up, but i'd feel ridiculus, a 19 yr old girl playing WoW...
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by style)
    I did that 10 day free trial thing but I didn't know about the steroetype, it was kinda boring at the begining but then become good fun. I would pick it up, but i'd feel ridiculus, a 19 yr old girl playing WoW...
    What about 40+ year old men and women with kids? A 19 year old girl is perfectly normal. You'd get treated so well in-game too :p:

"omg gurlz playing WoW"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about 40+ year old men and women with kids? A 19 year old girl is perfectly normal. You'd get treated so well in-game too :p:

"omg gurlz playing WoW"
    Sorry but no one who plays WoW is normal ofc..
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but no one who plays WoW is normal ofc..
    Then by proxy, no one who plays any game is normal. WoW is a game, MW2 is a game, The Sims is a game. They're all just games. Stop being a stereotyping moron.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 4, 2010
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.