The Student Room Group

I think I might be pregnant.

This past week I have been incredibly exhausted, and around noon, I'm about done for the day. I've been feeling sick off and on: nausea, feeling like i'm going to vomit, feeling dizzy, bloating, bad headaches about every couple hours, side aches. Only one of my breasts feel tender, though my nipple feels very sore, and the areolas are a little darker than usual. My back hurts, i have to urinate about every hour or less. Smells seem stronger, and make feel nauseated. I have not really changed my diet, except for eating less due to the fact that everything I eat has been making me feel sick. Other than that, no changes in diet. These symptoms lead me to believe that I might be pregnant.

My period is still a week away, but I did take an at home pregnancy test that was very hard to read.... It was faded and the lines were to runny to be able to decode the answer.

I wish I could be more patient, but I'm kind of anxious to know. What does it sound like to you?
:eek: :rolleyes: :hide:

I dont really know
Apart from symptoms, did anything happen during sex that may make you think that the contraception you used wouldn'tve worked?

Or did you even use contraception / only one type?
It sounds like... go to the doctors and ask them to check?
You may be pregnant, but it may be something else - a doctor is more able to tell you.
If your GP is open at weekends, head in tomorrow.
Otherwise, get in on Monday morning. :smile:
Obvious question, have you had unprotected sex recently or sex that has given you concern? Or are you just looking at the symptoms and thinking '****, condom split etc'? I'd wait if I were you and try not to worry, you're probably imagining things (stronger smell etc) or placing more emphasis on your recognition of them.
Reply 5
I'm going to assume you didn't use protection.

That's usually the most important bit.
Reply 6
Although some of what you are saying seem like pregnancy symptons, they all seem rather a bit too soon to be showing(after only 3 weeks).Buy one of those simple pregnancy tests that only have 2 options that show, pregnant or not pregnant then you will know for sure. Good luck
Reply 7
Debzeee
Although some of what you are saying seem like pregnancy symptons, they all seem rather a bit too soon to be showing(after only 3 weeks).Buy one of those simple pregnancy tests that only have 2 options that show, pregnant or not pregnant then you will know for sure. Good luck

It does sound like pregnancy symptoms. And some do get these symptoms at 3 weeks as the body's hormones will change pretty early in some women.

I agree though that you should choose a pregnancy test that is easier to read :smile:
Reply 8
Sometimes you can cause or imagine pregnancy symptoms when you're worried about it. Take another test if you want, but try not to worry too much and wait to see whether your period comes. It might be late anyway if you're stressing out.
Reply 9
Period symptoms are the same as pregnancy symptoms, heck everything is a pregnancy symptom if you ask a paranoid girl, so nothing is really an indication...as the ginormous amount of "Am I Pregnant?" threads will show...

Latest