The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by economics123
ok thanks - its a little confusing yeh!

mine only has lectures on at the moment, do you know when we will find out about seminars - before we arrive or when we get there?

Seminars are listed on course timetables or timetables for the individual modules which you can also get online. They are ALL the seminars running for that module though, so you will not be attending each and every one - usually it's only one per week per module.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by .am.
I wanted to pay my fees online but the accommodation fee was not listed?

Just go through the thing to set up a direct debit on my.warwick and there is a further point in that where you choose fees/accommodation/both - just select accommodation and set up your direct debit accordingly.
Reply 2062
Original post by georgia
Just go through the thing to set up a direct debit on my.warwick and there is a further point in that where you choose fees/accommodation/both - just select accommodation and set up your direct debit accordingly.

Is it possible to set up a direct debit if you're not from the UK? When I try to type the sort code of my bank it just allows six digits but in my country the sort code has eight?
Original post by .am.
Is it possible to set up a direct debit if you're not from the UK? When I try to type the sort code of my bank it just allows six digits but in my country the sort code has eight?

I don't know if there is another arrangement you can make with your bank, but as far as I am aware, you will need to open a UK bank account in order to set up a direct debit with Warwick...
Reply 2064
Original post by .am.

Send your first fees allotment by bank transfer. After that, you can make a bank account in England and set up a direct debit with that account.
Does anyone know where parcels go if you buy them off Amazon etc? Do they just sit around in a pidgeon hole or something looking attractive for people to take, or do we have to go somewhere special to pick them up? :smile:
Reply 2066
Original post by Mouse Potato
Does anyone know where parcels go if you buy them off Amazon etc? Do they just sit around in a pidgeon hole or something looking attractive for people to take, or do we have to go somewhere special to pick them up? :smile:

They send you a card in your pigeon hole which you take to the mail room along with your University card/ any other photo ID to the post room near rootes and you will get your parcel.
If it's a tiny one, they send it to your pigeon hole unless it's recorded delivery :smile:
Reply 2067
Original post by Mouse Potato

Original post by kuks
They send you a card in your pigeon hole which you take to the mail room along with your University card/ any other photo ID to the post room near rootes and you will get your parcel.
If it's a tiny one, they send it to your pigeon hole unless it's recorded delivery :smile:

They've now moved all the student post services to Westwood. http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/estates/services/postport/postroom/students
Reply 2068
Original post by ttoby
They've now moved all the student post services to Westwood. http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/estates/services/postport/postroom/students

My apologies for being wrong then :colondollar:
Makes it a lot more inconvenient for some people this year then...
Original post by ttoby

Westwood?! FML. Guess who won't be getting Amazon deliveries this year... :frown:
Does anyone know the prices of drinks in the Dirty Duck?
Reply 2071
Original post by kuks
My apologies for being wrong then :colondollar:
Makes it a lot more inconvenient for some people this year then...

They didn't exactly shout about it though. I only heard through a small update in the news part of Insite. It's probably a cost-saving measure, with all the changes that have been happening to university funding lately.
Original post by soledaled
Does anyone know the prices of drinks in the Dirty Duck?

Well these are the prices for the Terrace Bar: http://www.warwicksu.com/terracebar/bar/

The Duck is pretty much the same, I think...if there is any variation it will be small.
Original post by georgia
Well these are the prices for the Terrace Bar: http://www.warwicksu.com/terracebar/bar/

The Duck is pretty much the same, I think...if there is any variation it will be small.

Cheers. Seems a little pricey but atleast it'll make me drink less :smile:.
Original post by soledaled
Cheers. Seems a little pricey but atleast it'll make me drink less :smile:.

Yeah, it's not cheap. People predrink a LOT with their friends before going out, haha. Tesco does good offers every now and then on alcohol, and Costies isn't too bad either.

Also drinks are a slightly different price in the Copper Rooms I think (from what I can remember) and there will be offers on there depending on the night. Top B has cheaper drinks, and circling before Pop it is/was(?) £5 for three pints of purple or three bottles of whatever the hell alcopop they serve these days.
Original post by georgia
Yeah, it's not cheap. People predrink a LOT with their friends before going out, haha. Tesco does good offers every now and then on alcohol, and Costies isn't too bad either.

Also drinks are a slightly different price in the Copper Rooms I think (from what I can remember) and there will be offers on there depending on the night. Top B has cheaper drinks, and circling before Pop it is/was(?) £5 for three pints of purple or three bottles of whatever the hell alcopop they serve these days.

Out of interest, how cheap is cheap for a pub?
Original post by GarethBrown
Out of interest, how cheap is cheap for a pub?

What do you mean?

Pubs are rarely cheap besides Wetherspoons...
Reply 2077
Where can I find free wifi in Leamington? I've read that McDonald's and Starbucks have wifi but, is it free in the stores in Leam? What about Costa?
:pcguru:
Do you historians enjoy Warwick? How good is the teaching and the course?
Reply 2079
Original post by mevidek
Do you historians enjoy Warwick? How good is the teaching and the course?

I have an answer here as well :teehee:

My friend is doing History at Warwick and he loves it. You write a lot of essays throughout the year but then only have 1 or 2 exams to write at the end of the year. So you're working more through the year and less cramming at the end. He's quite happy with the teaching and loves the course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest