The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kuks
I have an answer here as well :teehee:

My friend is doing History at Warwick and he loves it. You write a lot of essays throughout the year but then only have 1 or 2 exams to write at the end of the year. So you're working more through the year and less cramming at the end. He's quite happy with the teaching and loves the course :smile:

Do you know what he learns?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2081
Original post by mevidek
Do you know what he learns?

I think he chose North America IIRC
Original post by kuks
I think he chose North America IIRC

Oh I see :smile:
Reply 2083
Original post by mevidek
Do you historians enjoy Warwick? How good is the teaching and the course?

I also have a friend who does history and they also love it. Their only criticism I think is they do the history course where you have to learn Italian, and they said the teaching for the Italian isn't the best.
Original post by Greg.
I also have a friend who does history and they also love it. Their only criticism I think is they do the history course where you have to learn Italian, and they said the teaching for the Italian isn't the best.

Surely that's only for one module you choose right?
Reply 2085
Original post by mevidek
Surely that's only for one module you choose right?

I think it's the Renaissance History course where you go to Venice in 3rd year, and as prerequisite for it you study Italian for historians for 2 years. For the normal history course, you obviously don't have to do this. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Greg.
I think it's the Renaissance History course where you go to Venice in 3rd year, and as prerequisite for it you study Italian for historians for 2 years.

Not something I'll probably want to study so it shouldn't really matter, but if I study ancient history then we'll probably do ancient languages such as Greek and Latin, no? And if I do theology then them also?
Reply 2087
Original post by AlicePM
Where can I find free wifi in Leamington? I've read that McDonald's and Starbucks have wifi but, is it free in the stores in Leam? What about Costa?
:pcguru:

Either Wetherspoon... probably most other pubs? Fairly sure McDonalds in Leam has wifi. probably many coffee shops too

Modern age is it not..
Reply 2088
Has anyone been able to register for modules? Apparently my my.warwick is not yet set up for module registration......????
Original post by mrigs
Has anyone been able to register for modules? Apparently my my.warwick is not yet set up for module registration......????

It's open for a month...they said it would be open from today but didn't specify a time so it's not exactly shocking that it's not up right this second. Chill, you'll get to do it :wink:
Hi

I've got an erasmus buddy starting at uni on the 27th of Sept. She's going to live in Earlsdon, and wants to buy a bus pass.

I've never lived in Cov, so don't know which one to advise her on getting.

Has anyone who has lived in Earlsdon got any advice as to which bus pass to get? I know there's been a lot of issues with the busses there.

Cheers

Josh
Reply 2091
hey guys, everyone on facebook is on about orientation, or choosing moduels on evision or something, an I have no idea what's going on! could someone clear this up for me?
Original post by choly7
hey guys, everyone on facebook is on about orientation, or choosing moduels on evision or something, an I have no idea what's going on! could someone clear this up for me?

Basically on my.warwick you will (unless you are in certain departments...I know WBS and Engineering do it differently) go through eMR which is all about picking your modules for the year and making sure they are registered with the university. If you are new this year and don't yet know what modules you will take for sure you do not have to complete this yet. It is open until (I thiiink) 20th/21st October (ish) so you have time to sort it out when you get to uni :smile:
Original post by joshthefro'
Hi

I've got an erasmus buddy starting at uni on the 27th of Sept. She's going to live in Earlsdon, and wants to buy a bus pass.

I've never lived in Cov, so don't know which one to advise her on getting.

Has anyone who has lived in Earlsdon got any advice as to which bus pass to get? I know there's been a lot of issues with the busses there.

Cheers

Josh

Heya, head to http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/ and get the £240 Student Coventry Faresaver - it will let them get on the 12 and 19W buses to/from Earlsdon and University.
Original post by choly7

Orientation is a induction programme for international students a week before the start of term.
Reply 2095
Original post by georgia
Basically on my.warwick you will (unless you are in certain departments...I know WBS and Engineering do it differently) go through eMR which is all about picking your modules for the year and making sure they are registered with the university. If you are new this year and don't yet know what modules you will take for sure you do not have to complete this yet. It is open until (I thiiink) 20th/21st October (ish) so you have time to sort it out when you get to uni :smile:

Original post by TheTallOne
Orientation is a induction programme for international students a week before the start of term.

Oh thank god! Thanks guys! I'm running off to sort out the my.warwick thing D: so unprepared! x
Original post by choly7
Oh thank god! Thanks guys! I'm running off to sort out the my.warwick thing D: so unprepared! x

Seriously do not stress it! In many ways, it is better to leave eMR until you get to uni and can confirm with your lecturers what you're studying etc and fill it in right first time rather than make a mistake that needs correcting. You absolutely do not need to have it done before you arrive. In my first year I did it on the deadline day :p:
Reply 2097
Have a Platinum card - So am I right in saying that I don't need to register for anything other than the summer party. Does that mean that for even expensive things like The Blanks and Zane Lowe I can just turn up on the door and be allowed entry?
Original post by SHF
Have a Platinum card - So am I right in saying that I don't need to register for anything other than the summer party. Does that mean that for even expensive things like The Blanks and Zane Lowe I can just turn up on the door and be allowed entry?

Generally you can just turn up and will be let in. However, you should check the event page on the SU website to make sure you don't have to pre-register, as there are events other than the summer party which require registration (Tony Lee, for example).
Reply 2099
Original post by SHF

I was worried about that as well! I'm a bit confused about the website, because it doesn't say anything much other than to buy your tickets :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest