The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Could anyone clear this up for me? On the my.warwick thing when I was enrolling it said my course was L301 but it's supposed to be L300. It didn't say anywhere how to change it and it say's the same course title (sociology) but I'm a bit alarmed about the change in number? Thanks!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by choly7
Could anyone clear this up for me? On the my.warwick thing when I was enrolling it said my course was L301 but it's supposed to be L300. It didn't say anywhere how to change it and it say's the same course title (sociology) but I'm a bit alarmed about the change in number? Thanks!

There is no L300 :s-smilie:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/quality/courseregs/courseregs1011/undergrad/so/

And Sociology is listed as L301 so everything's probably fine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2102
Original post by choly7

Don't worry about it :p:
Mine is Management N200 which is N201 on my.warwick....
Reply 2103
Original post by electriic_ink
There is no L300 :s-smilie:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/quality/courseregs/courseregs1011/undergrad/so/

And Sociology is listed as L301 so everything's probably fine.

That's what I mean :s-smilie: UCAS says L300 for sociology at Warwick but Warwick say's L301. Just alarmed me a bit!
Hi, I'm hoping to apply for Politics, which has the minimum grade requirements of AABb. I currently hold AABB at A-level, and an a in EPQ. Are they likely to request another AS anyway, or will AABB suffice? Also, am I advantaged by the A-Levels I hold, or disadvantaged in that others have the potential to get higher? I am hoping to raise them to A*AAA or possibly higher.

Thanks.
Reply 2105
Does anyone know how to go about paying the school fees with the bank transfer? I emailed the finnance team already, but got a generated email saying they're very busy and will be slow in replying. I really want to get this done before I leave for UK on Sunday. :\
Original post by TheTallOne
Heya, head to http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/ and get the £240 Student Coventry Faresaver - it will let them get on the 12 and 19W buses to/from Earlsdon and University.

Thanks very much :smile:
Original post by georgia
What do you mean?

Pubs are rarely cheap besides Wetherspoons...

The way you said the Duck isn't cheap, I was just wondering what price it would have to be to be considered cheap!
Original post by GarethBrown
The way you said the Duck isn't cheap, I was just wondering what price it would have to be to be considered cheap!

Well it's priced like a standard pub, not a student pub...basically. I don't know, £2 pints or something?
Original post by tommy1311
Hi, I'm hoping to apply for Politics, which has the minimum grade requirements of AABb. I currently hold AABB at A-level, and an a in EPQ. Are they likely to request another AS anyway, or will AABB suffice? Also, am I advantaged by the A-Levels I hold, or disadvantaged in that others have the potential to get higher? I am hoping to raise them to A*AAA or possibly higher.

Thanks.

AABB will suffice - a B at A2 is better than a B at AS :p:

Unis don't have to see your grades unless they have been cashed in - see this - it's the predicted grades that perhaps matter more.

Does someone with A*A*A*A* predictions have a stronger application that someone with AABB prediction? Yes. Are you disadvantaged? No, because there are plenty of people applying with AABb predictions since that is the standard offer for 2012-13.
Original post by choly7
That's what I mean :s-smilie: UCAS says L300 for sociology at Warwick but Warwick say's L301. Just alarmed me a bit!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=33796395&highlight=administration

Admins reasons. In 3 weeks it won't matter to you one bit.
AABB will suffice - a B at A2 is better than a B at AS :p:

Unis don't have to see your grades unless they have been cashed in - see this - it's the predicted grades that perhaps matter more.

Does someone with A*A*A*A* predictions have a stronger application that someone with AABB prediction? Yes. Are you disadvantaged? No, because there are plenty of people applying with AABb predictions since that is the standard offer for 2012-13.

I know that, but I meant I already have AABB in the bag, but is that worse than somebody who has nothing in the bag but is predicted higher?
Original post by tommy1311
I know that, but I meant I already have AABB in the bag, but is that worse than somebody who has nothing in the bag but is predicted higher?

I still wouldn't think they'll require another AS if you don't say you're taking more.

It's difficult to say - I'm not an admissions tutor. Again, you've achieved the grades so they should have less of an impact and it's more down to the personal statement. If you submit a great PS and reference you'll be in with a shout. If you don't submit anything at all you will never know.

A hypothetical situation would be exactly the same PS and reference being sent but one with predicted AAAA and one already attained AABB. It's in this case they might refer back to the grades (but seriously, how close to the borderline are we here if they are thinking if they should take one person over another). If this situation arose, why not give the AAAA candidate the AABb offer - they either end up here with AABB+ or miss the offer.

I think a lot of people worry about 'are my grades good enough for xxx' (to be fair, I did a bit too some years back) but in the end if you're worrying whether or not to apply to a specific place and you really want to go there, why not take a risk? You have 5 choices after all.
Reply 2113
Original post by SHF
Have a Platinum card - So am I right in saying that I don't need to register for anything other than the summer party. Does that mean that for even expensive things like The Blanks and Zane Lowe I can just turn up on the door and be allowed entry?

Yeah the only occasions you might feel hard done by here is sometimes external promoters pay the SU for their venue (hire) and then pay them to promote their event. So it will be at the SU and promoted by the SU (and thus at first glance an SU event) but it will be by an external 3rd party so the Platinum card wont apply. Rare occurence tho..

Original post by georgia
Well it's priced like a standard pub, not a student pub...basically. I don't know, £2 pints or something?

And then some..
Original post by Chrrye
And then some..

The £2 pints would be what I would call cheap...not the Duck prices :wink:
I have a question guys, Im not actually a student but moving to Coventry with my boyfriend who is a student, Can i still get into student nights at the clubs? :smile: x
Reply 2116
Original post by Jessicaaa18
I have a question guys, Im not actually a student but moving to Coventry with my boyfriend who is a student, Can i still get into student nights at the clubs? :smile: x

As long as your boyfriend has 2 tickets registered to his card and you have ID, it's fine :smile:
Check screenager2004's Week in the Life of review of her first year :h:

Thank you man, again you have been very helpful, cheers :smile:
Reply 2118
Alright chaps, fresher here, tried to sort out the food card business today, I asked for it to use the same picture as I used for my university card but it couldn't find it, presumably as it's yet to choose the one picture I've uploaded I suppose. Anyway I can sort out another picture so that's not a problem, just wondering, the card works as a debit card would correct (i.e. I have money on it, give it to some chap at the till, type some code in and hurrah my stuff's paid for.)?
Original post by Jodin
Alright chaps, fresher here, tried to sort out the food card business today, I asked for it to use the same picture as I used for my university card but it couldn't find it, presumably as it's yet to choose the one picture I've uploaded I suppose. Anyway I can sort out another picture so that's not a problem, just wondering, the card works as a debit card would correct (i.e. I have money on it, give it to some chap at the till, type some code in and hurrah my stuff's paid for.)?

It's contactless technology, essentially. You just pop your card in the slot and they take the money off it. If you ever put a lot of money on it you need to be careful not to lose it because someone else COULD use it if they found it.

Quick Reply

Latest