The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
Block F, Flat 22, Room A/B. Next to each other.

Thanks for answering, does that mean I'm in a flat then? No one else has the A/B thing in our block? I'm very confused, I didn't think they did flats. I'm in Rootes btw.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by choly7
Thanks for answering, does that mean I'm in a flat then? No one else has the A/B thing in our block? I'm very confused, I didn't think they did flats. I'm in Rootes btw.

Not a flat, more a corridor number.
Original post by ejlomas
Hello, just a few little things i was wondering if anyone could help me out with :s-smilie: has anyone done the philosophy and literature course if so which optional modules would you recommend....?!? Also how lax is it on having guests up to events during freshers?! thank youu very muchly!:smile:

Why would you want to take guests to freshers events? This is your opportunity to meet new people and going with pre-existing friends will completely alienate you.
Two questions.:redface:

How do we join the soc. federation, as it says you just go to societies page on su website but can't find it there.
Also; what's difference between associate and standard membership for societies.

Thanks in advance. :colondollar:
Reply 2144
Original post by Daniiel
Two questions.:redface:

How do we join the soc. federation, as it says you just go to societies page on su website but can't find it there.
Also; what's difference between associate and standard membership for societies.

Thanks in advance. :colondollar:

Associate means someone who isn't a member of the University.

For me, the Socsfed thing appeared on the right hand side of this page near the bottom.
Done, cheers!
Reply 2146
HELP
Can you drink tapwater from the kitchens in Heronbank? Is it safe drinking water? Whatabout from my ensuite?
Reply 2147
Original post by Usar
HELP
Can you drink tapwater from the kitchens in Heronbank? Is it safe drinking water? Whatabout from my ensuite?

Heh yes. I giggled because I recall asking this question when moving to the midlands too...

You will find that the hot water supply on campus will often come out of the taps looking chalky, but this soon dissolves. Don't worry about it, both the hot and cold water are safe. I think the chalkyness is just a result of it cooling rapidly and salts coming out of solution.
Reply 2148
Original post by Jale
Heh yes. I giggled because I recall asking this question when moving to the midlands too...

You will find that the hot water supply on campus will often come out of the taps looking chalky, but this soon dissolves. Don't worry about it, both the hot and cold water are safe. I think the chalkyness is just a result of it cooling rapidly and salts coming out of solution.

Cheers! The bottled water here tastes funny :frown: hoping the tapwater is better.
Reply 2149
Probably won't taste much better, but there are a number of brands of bottled water if you are into such things.
Reply 2150
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
Not a flat, more a corridor number.

Ahh okay, so does that mean there are only 2 rooms on corridor 22? Because there are only 2 of us with H22A and H22B, everyone else's just saying H16 or H24?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2151
How do you get internet in the accom. rooms?
Original post by cscn
How do you get internet in the accom. rooms?

I was provided with a cable this year, which is rather nice...you just plug it into the wall socket and the laptop socket too and you're good to go.
Reply 2153
Original post by georgia
I was provided with a cable this year, which is rather nice...you just plug it into the wall socket and the laptop socket too and you're good to go.

Ah damn. I tried that last night and it didn't work, so either my cable's bust or one of the sockets are. (Unless you need to use the school one? That... doesn't sound right though.)
Reply 2154
Just troubleshoot it

Ask a flatmate to try your cable with their setup. If it works, Cable is fine. Then try plugging your laptop into a socket known to work. If it works, then your socket is bust. If it doesn't work then your laptop settings are wrong.

If you have issues, find an internal uni phone and dial 73737 to get the helpdesk, or 02476573737 from any phone.
Original post by cscn
Ah damn. I tried that last night and it didn't work, so either my cable's bust or one of the sockets are. (Unless you need to use the school one? That... doesn't sound right though.)

I dunno, haven't tried it with my own cable yet. Can do if you want to know though?

But what do you mean...one of the sockets? You only get one!
Reply 2156
Original post by Jale
Just troubleshoot it

Ask a flatmate to try your cable with their setup. If it works, Cable is fine. Then try plugging your laptop into a socket known to work. If it works, then your socket is bust. If it doesn't work then your laptop settings are wrong.

If you have issues, find an internal uni phone and dial 73737 to get the helpdesk, or 02476573737 from any phone.

Alright, thanks. :smile:
Reply 2157
Original post by georgia
I dunno, haven't tried it with my own cable yet. Can do if you want to know though?

But what do you mean...one of the sockets? You only get one!

I meant the one in the room and the one on my computer. I'll go test them out and see what happens. Thanks for the help. :smile:
Does anyone have any advice about buying advance tickets for Freshers' events? The fact that one event has sold out already is kind of worrying me, I don't want to get there and not have anything to go to :/.

How do people normally play it? Thanks :smile:
Reply 2159

Original post by cscn
Alright, thanks. :smile:

You'll need to call them tomorrow as they'll be closed now. They'll try and resolve it over the phone and if they can't, they'll send someone out to your room in an afternoon (you'll need to be there) to have a look.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending