The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

I have to get to the train station from campus on friday...which bus do I need to get? thanks :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2221
Original post by Pebbles19
I have to get to the train station from campus on friday...which bus do I need to get? thanks :smile:

Number 12 to Coventry from the Arts Centre :smile: It costs 1.60 and requires exact change.
Original post by kuks
Number 12 to Coventry from the Arts Centre :smile: It costs 1.60 and requires exact change.

thank you :smile: oh how annoying! better scramble together some change then!
Hello, I have a lecture in L3 this afternoon, could someone tell me where L3 is? Thanks
Reply 2224
Original post by chronicl3
Hello, I have a lecture in L3 this afternoon, could someone tell me where L3 is? Thanks

In the building connected to the library by that walkway :smile:
If you enter through the walkway and continue down the building, it'll come on your left
Reply 2225
Hi~~i applied for on campus accommodation but was not arranged one. Is there any way I can get one? Thanks!!
Original post by KY~
Hi~~i applied for on campus accommodation but was not arranged one. Is there any way I can get one? Thanks!!

It's a bit late now that term has started :p:

Try contact Warwick accommodation though and see what they can do. Call/email/go to them in person in Rootes Social Building, Ground Floor.
Does anyone know what the procedure is like for deliveries that require a signature upon receipt (e.g. Royal Mail Special Delivery)? Been waiting on a package for ages!
Reply 2228
Original post by weownthesky

Original post by weownthesky
Does anyone know what the procedure is like for deliveries that require a signature upon receipt (e.g. Royal Mail Special Delivery)? Been waiting on a package for ages!

You get a card in your pigeonhole in your halls. Then you take that card, along with photo-ID, up to the postroom in Westwood. Once there, you sign whatever needs signing and they give you your package.
Reply 2229
Is seminar attendance absolutely mandatory?

I bought a train ticket back home a while ago because I thought I had no classes on Wednesday (I only recently found out I have a morning seminar). Would anything major happen if I skipped my seminar? The train ticket was quite expensive and I can't get a refund.

Just in case it matters, it's a WBS seminar on Organisational Behaviour.
Reply 2230
Original post by KP 2010
Is seminar attendance absolutely mandatory?

I bought a train ticket back home a while ago because I thought I had no classes on Wednesday (I only recently found out I have a morning seminar). Would anything major happen if I skipped my seminar? The train ticket was quite expensive and I can't get a refund.

Just in case it matters, it's a WBS seminar on Organisational Behaviour.

Can be. If they haven't told you yet, due to Border Agency rules that came in a couple of years ago, now they have to monitor when you are in (or not) at certain points. Seminar attendance might be one of them.

Check with whoever is giving the seminar. Better yet, get someone else to check. Then if they say 'no I have to attend', skip it and then send them an email explaining that you have gastroenteritis and won't be in. Explained absence can be overlooked, and nobody is going to check whether you really were doing a messy impression of a Katherine Wheel.
Reply 2231
Where could I get a proper picture taken for a job application?

I'm applying for jobs in Germany and Austria and they expect pictures on your CV there.
Reply 2232
Original post by Welix

Original post by Welix
Where could I get a proper picture taken for a job application?

I'm applying for jobs in Germany and Austria and they expect pictures on your CV there.

There's some machines in Cannon Park that will take passport style photos, I don't know if that's what you had in mind? Or would you need a professional photographer?
Why is the moon made of cheese?
Reply 2234
Original post by JinnJamez
Why is the moon made of cheese?

Yep we will answer absolutely anything.
There exists a family of stories in comparative mythology in diverse countries that concern a simpleton who sees a reflection of the Moon and mistakes it for a round cheese:
... the Servian tale where the fox leads the wolf to believe the moon reflection in the water is a cheese and the wolf bursts in the attempt to drink up the water to get at the cheese; the Zulu tale of the hyena that drops the bone to go after the moon reflection in the water; the Gascon tale of the peasant watering his ass on a moonlight night. A cloud obscures the moon, and the peasant, thinking the ass has drunk the moon, kills the beast to recover the moon; the Turkish tale of the Khoja Nasru-'d-Din who thinks the moon has fallen into the well and gets a rope and chain with which to pull it out. In his efforts the rope breaks, and he falls back, but seeing the moon in the sky, praises Allah that the moon is safe; the Scotch tale of the wolf fishing with his tail for the moon reflection;

Also what's everyone wearing for Top B tonight? :colone:
Reply 2235
Original post by ttoby
There's some machines in Cannon Park that will take passport style photos, I don't know if that's what you had in mind? Or would you need a professional photographer?

I'd need an actual photographer that can take a nice picture of me to put on my CV. I have considered a photo booth, but I don't think that's really the best option.
Reply 2236
Original post by Welix

Original post by Welix
I'd need an actual photographer that can take a nice picture of me to put on my CV. I have considered a photo booth, but I don't think that's really the best option.

In that case, I don't know I'm afraid. All I can suggest is that you have a look through http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Photographers+near+warwick+university&hl=en-GB&ll=52.376123,-1.560917&spn=0.049149,0.109692&sll=52.379025,-1.562361&sspn=0.024573,0.054846&vpsrc=6&hq=Photographers&hnear=University+of+Warwick,+CV4+8UW,+United+Kingdom&t=h&fll=52.370464,-1.554394&fspn=0.049155,0.109692&z=13
Hello, I'm a maths student and I want to ask whether our first year result contribute to our overall aggregate of the degree.
Original post by Welix

There's a photographers in Coventry city centre who will take professional photos of you against a backdrop and is quite cheap. You can get to the city centre on the number 12 bus I think.

I don't remember the name of it but it's right here:

52.407483,-1.513225

(Put those co-ordinates in google maps and it will show you exactly).
Original post by chronicl3
Hello, I'm a maths student and I want to ask whether our first year result contribute to our overall aggregate of the degree.

Yes, but it only counts for 10% of your final score.

Quick Reply

Latest