The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirgilis
Just out of interest, which bus stop is this? I walk up to the stop opposite the church at the bottom of the parade :lolwut: . Mind you, it's a 3/4 minute walk max :tongue:

The one outside Kelseys?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2621
Original post by Nirgilis
Just out of interest, which bus stop is this? I walk up to the stop opposite the church at the bottom of the parade :lolwut: . Mind you, it's a 3/4 minute walk max :tongue:

I meant from Cov station....the 12 and the U17 on Sundays take me from the top of the parade to cov station and back :smile:
Reply 2622
Original post by kuks
I meant from Cov station....the 12 and the U17 on Sundays take me from the top of the parade to cov station and back :smile:

But couldn't you just get the train to leamington instead?
Are there any decent Chinese takeaways near the university?
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
Are there any decent Chinese takeaways near the university?

http://www.appetise.com/restaurants?q=CV4+7AL

Apparently one in Earlsdon and one in Leamington (why the one in Leamington delivers to campus I don't know).

As for non takeaway a decent one is Noodle Bar in Coventry, which has massive portions and costs about £6,

There's also two all you can eat buffets in CovL
Cosmo in Coventry, which is a buffet, but can get expensive. ~£15 or so
Wing Wah in Tile Hill, another buffet, again a bit expensive. ~£14

In Leamington:
Been on Chandos Street, Leamington is a decent 'eat as much as you like' restaurant - you order and they bring the food to the table. Cheaper than the Coventry options and I personally think it's a better experience than the buffet style restaurant.
Oriental Star is another buffet, owned by the same people as Been.
Sabai Sabai is more expensive, but is a proper restaurant.
Original post by TheTallOne
http://www.appetise.com/restaurants?q=CV4+7AL

Apparently one in Earlsdon and one in Leamington (why the one in Leamington delivers to campus I don't know).

As for non takeaway a decent one is Noodle Bar in Coventry, which has massive portions and costs about £6,

There's also two all you can eat buffets in CovL
Cosmo in Coventry, which is a buffet, but can get expensive. ~£15 or so
Wing Wah in Tile Hill, another buffet, again a bit expensive. ~£14

In Leamington:
Been on Chandos Street, Leamington is a decent 'eat as much as you like' restaurant - you order and they bring the food to the table. Cheaper than the Coventry options and I personally think it's a better experience than the buffet style restaurant.
Oriental Star is another buffet, owned by the same people as Been.
Sabai Sabai is more expensive, but is a proper restaurant.

Great thanks :smile: I'm coming over at the weekend with my son for the STEP day and he's addicted to Chinese food! Our flight back isn't until 10pm on Saturday so loads of time for a decent meal out on the way to the airport.

Thank goodness for cheap Ryanair flights, even if I do hate the airline out of principle!
Reply 2626
Original post by ttoby
But couldn't you just get the train to leamington instead?

The person was asking about coming in from Coventry originally :smile:

I normally take the Cov train to London because Euston is really close to where I need to go...
Reply 2627
Original post by kuks
The person was asking about coming in from Coventry originally :smile:

I normally take the Cov train to London because Euston is really close to where I need to go...

I think it depends where you want to go from/to. I've heard some stations are better connected to leamington (fewer changes etc) so I suppose you could treat the bus from coventry to leamington as just another connection.
Reply 2628
Does anyone know what the typical timetable is for Accounting & Finance in Warwick? (or even better, what it will be for 2012/13 if possible)
Original post by Faridk
Does anyone know what the typical timetable is for Accounting & Finance in Warwick? (or even better, what it will be for 2012/13 if possible)

See attached. Cross reference module codes with the course regulations: http://web.warwick.ac.uk/info/courseregs/201112/uiba-nn35-0001.htm

You probably only have one seminar per module per week/fortnight, so it isn't that packed - just choose one of the seminars per module and disregard the rest.

That's what each thing means.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2630
Any suggestions on how to deal with unaccompanied baggage? Am thinking of freighting my baggage to the school, but seems like the the accomodation side is not going to receive or stow for me till arrival!
Reply 2631
Original post by hubble
Any suggestions on how to deal with unaccompanied baggage? Am thinking of freighting my baggage to the school, but seems like the the accomodation side is not going to receive or stow for me till arrival!

You could perhaps pick a company to freight the baggage that's also able to offer storage facilities near the university, then have them drop it off shortly after you arrive. There's a list at http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/usefulinfo/storage/ of companies that offer storage, some of which are also able to do international baggage removals.
Reply 2632
If you transfer courses after first year, will you still get on-campus accommodation?

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/apply/12/allocation12/#RetUG

I've read the above and it seems that you are not eligible.
How does post work? say i was to get something delivered, where would it go? :tongue:
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
How does post work? say i was to get something delivered, where would it go? :tongue:

You have a locked mailbox near the entrance of your block (not sure how it's done in Bluebell) for letters, and if it's a parcel you'll get a card which you take to the postroom to claim it, at Westwood.
Reply 2635
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem

There used to be a postroom in Rootes, nearer most halls but they've recently moved it. This video describes the situation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9NESOkmeCQ
Original post by ttoby
There used to be a postroom in Rootes, nearer most halls but they've recently moved it. This video describes the situation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9NESOkmeCQ

That video is filled with so much win it's unbelievable! :rofl: :lol:
When there is a big sporting event or a premier league football match, is there somewhere that students gather to watch it?
Reply 2638
Original post by Mousebudden
When there is a big sporting event or a premier league football match, is there somewhere that students gather to watch it?

In the past they've projected world cup games onto a big screen in the Copper Rooms in the SU. If you want to watch these, get there early because there's only a limited amount of seating.
Original post by Mousebudden

They also put sport on in the Mighty Duck, a little side room to the Dirty Duck where they have TVs :ahee: . I've only ever been to watch the 6 nations though, so I'm not sure about league games. I'm banking on them showing the Champions League fixtures this week though :s-smilie:

Quick Reply