The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

How long does it take to receive a National Express bus pass after paying and providing photos? Both online and in person.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by bulbokov
How long does it take to receive a National Express bus pass after paying and providing photos? Both online and in person.

I did it online in 2nd year - took about a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yabbayabba
I did it online in 2nd year - took about a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant thanks. Looks like I'll be walking a lot next week.
Anyone know how to activate the Mac office 365 license warwick gives us?

thanks in advance! :smile:
Hi, was just wondering if anyone could possibly help? I'm looking into applying for the English Literature degree (Q300) and was just wondering if anyone could tell me the amount of contact hours on average? I thought it was on the website but can't find it anywhere. :s-smilie:
Original post by ftanvir95
Anyone know how to activate the Mac office 365 license warwick gives us?

thanks in advance! :smile:

Same as Windows. Log into your Warwick email online ( http://go.warwick.ac.uk/mymail ) then click the cog settings icon in the top right. Go to 365 Settings, then 'Software' on the left and download there.
Reply 3626
Does anyone know when we are meant to have access to our personal timetable (for life sciences)? When I click on the link on my start warwick page it says it is not available yet!
Original post by LumosNox
Hi, was just wondering if anyone could possibly help? I'm looking into applying for the English Literature degree (Q300) and was just wondering if anyone could tell me the amount of contact hours on average? I thought it was on the website but can't find it anywhere. :s-smilie:

8?

i think its the lowest.
After submitting our module registration can they be changed before the deadline?
Original post by erp
Does anyone know when we are meant to have access to our personal timetable (for life sciences)? When I click on the link on my start warwick page it says it is not available yet!

There is a way but you have to jump through some hoops to find it.

Unhelpfully i forgot what the hoops were but You can definitely get to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erp

Original post by IllmaticDragon
There is a way but you have to jump through some hoops to find it.

Unhelpfully i forgot what the hoops were but You can definitely get to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I no longer have access to internal pages so can't give exact instructions.

Search for timetables in the website and see if you can find a link for central timetabling. Somewhere there should be an option to generate a timetable, and find the option to generate a timetable for a particular course. Make sure you select your department, course code and the correct year.

Be careful with interpreting these timetables. Depending on the modules involved, you may find that several seminars come up when you need to only attend one, and there may be some sessions not on the timetable (eg tutor sessions or some seminars where the lecturer has decided to ignore the timetable).
Original post by erp

Life Sciences doesn't use the University timetabling system. You have to go via the Moodle system, UG Student Guide, Year 1 Info and then timetables.
Reply 3632
Is the office 365 only a one year trial. I bought a new laptop last month and also office for £109 which is for life.
I was just wondering if anyone else was eligible for a bursary from Warwick, then changed course? Do we still receive it?
Original post by WillGC
Is the office 365 only a one year trial. I bought a new laptop last month and also office for £109 which is for life.

It's free until you graduate.
What's social life like at Warwick?

And what is the ethnic diversity like? Are there many South Asians?
Original post by Da Di Doo
What's social life like at Warwick?

And what is the ethnic diversity like? Are there many South Asians?

Social life is subjective. For me it was brilliant first year, went downhill from there. Thankfully I can get back to London easily when I'm bored of Warwick.

A very diverse campus, plenty of south asian and Chinese students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yabbayabba
Social life is subjective. For me it was brilliant first year, went downhill from there. Thankfully I can get back to London easily when I'm bored of Warwick.

A very diverse campus, plenty of south asian and Chinese students.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What went wrong?
Original post by tehforum
What went wrong?

Halls were great, but 2nd year flatmates not so much. Most of my friends did 3 year degrees so have graduated now. Just had bad luck really.
Can any Warwick law students explain what this means? ' We employ a range of innovative teaching methods, such as performance based learning, reflective journals and dramatised dissertations' for their straight 3 year llb. How exactly are you taught and is that only for specific optional modules or....?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending