The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessicaNJ
Anyone know what day i should move into my accommodation if the first term starts on the 5th of October.

(Assuming you're on campus) You can move in on either the Saturday or Sunday prior to that. Go for whichever is most convenient.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by BlueSam3
(Assuming you're on campus) You can move in on either the Saturday or Sunday prior to that. Go for whichever is most convenient.

Thanks!
How much does laundry cost on campus? :colondollar:
What laptop are people taking to uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm wondering whether it's worth me applying with my grades, I just finished A2 I'm applying a year late (mucked up AS)

I got AAA in Politics, History and Economics, and brought up my maths AS from a D to an A

I'm looking to apply for PPE who apparently want A*AA, but I figured as I've demonstrated good improvement, come from a state school and have already achieved my A2s (so no dodgy predictions) it may worth a try?

I rang them up and they said go for it I've got a chance, but I wondered whether anybody already at the Uni has seen people get in with below the required grades, or if they were just being optimists?

Thanks guys.
Original post by Beta Phaggot
Hey I'm wondering whether it's worth me applying with my grades, I just finished A2 I'm applying a year late (mucked up AS)

I got AAA in Politics, History and Economics, and brought up my maths AS from a D to an A

I'm looking to apply for PPE who apparently want A*AA, but I figured as I've demonstrated good improvement, come from a state school and have already achieved my A2s (so no dodgy predictions) it may worth a try?

I rang them up and they said go for it I've got a chance, but I wondered whether anybody already at the Uni has seen people get in with below the required grades, or if they were just being optimists?

Thanks guys.

Apply. Don't know why people bother asking others what they think. At the end of the day, if you have exceed the grades but have a silly ass PS then they can reject you. Your entire UCAS form needs to be of a standard. So just go for it. You don't know till you try.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by yelllowribbon
How much does laundry cost on campus? :colondollar:

Well, it's gone up without fail every year, but last year it cost £2.40 for washing and £1 for drying.
Original post by Betsyboo
What laptop are people taking to uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking a 13' retina macbook pro. I wanted something light and portable with good battery life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BlueSam3
Well, it's gone up without fail every year, but last year it cost £2.40 for washing and £1 for drying.

20% increase in price for washing in 3 years...
How likely is that I'll get cryfield over Westwood if I put cryfield as my top choice and Westwood as the second. Only asking this because I heard that if you put Westwood anywhere in your preference you will get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an international student, but I've been studying in the UK before, as I've just finished my A levels, so do I really need to sign up for Orientation week??
Reply 3731
Original post by GaniyatS
I'm an international student, but I've been studying in the UK before, as I've just finished my A levels, so do I really need to sign up for Orientation week??

It's optional but for your case there's probably no point if you applied as a home student. It's really for those who live abroad before coming to uni
Original post by GaniyatS

It'd be good for making friends.
Original post by nush1597
How likely is that I'll get cryfield over Westwood if I put cryfield as my top choice and Westwood as the second. Only asking this because I heard that if you put Westwood anywhere in your preference you will get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Untrue

I put Westwood on my form (admittedly, I put it fourth) but I didn't get it.
Guys, is there a problem if I haven't yet received my student loan, and there is a chance i won't be receiving it until i'm leaving? As far as I know the deadline is 9 months after the beginning of the term, so I might have to send it again once I'm in the UK.
This might seem like a stupid question but I need to know for sure. Is Arrivals Weekend for those who have accommodation? Because I'm commuting so I guess I don't have to show up for Arrivals Weekend, I assume that I'll just show up on the 5th...? And that I can just collect my card from the Panorama Room. :s-smilie:
Original post by y.asoliman
This might seem like a stupid question but I need to know for sure. Is Arrivals Weekend for those who have accommodation? Because I'm commuting so I guess I don't have to show up for Arrivals Weekend, I assume that I'll just show up on the 5th...? And that I can just collect my card from the Panorama Room. :s-smilie:

Well you could go to the freshers party
Original post by tehforum
Well you could go to the freshers party

But if I'm not?
Original post by y.asoliman
But if I'm not?

Then you could go to the freshers fair and join societies so you can make friends even though you're commuting.
Original post by tehforum
Then you could go to the freshers fair and join societies so you can make friends even though you're commuting.

Ok I understand but that's not my main problem right now I'm sorry if my question isn't worded clearly because I'm a little confused and stressed out :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest