The Student Room Group
I think you can use a graphical as long as there's nothing programmed into the memory
Thats AQA though but I doubt OCR is that different :smile:
Reply 2
yes you can use it i'm 100000% sure i'm doing OCR too ^^ just did c2 exam on January but you're not allowed to programmed anything in there though, no ones checked it. well just be honest to yourself. ^^
Reply 3
Sawasdee
yes you can use it i'm 100000% sure i'm doing OCR too ^^ just did c2 exam on January but you're not allowed to programmed anything in there though, no ones checked it. well just be honest to yourself. ^^

Okay cheers. I'll deffinately look at getting one. By the way, why would anyone program anything into there calculator anyway? Wouldn't most graphical calculators have basically every function possible? Or are there some which don't?
Sawasdee

soo unfair, we can't use it in Edexcel!!!:mad:
Reply 5
Freerider101
Just wondering whether there are any restrictions on what type of calculator you can use for Core 2 exam? (I'm on OCR exam board).

Thanks in advance

For all awarding bodies, calculators must not have symbolic algebra manipulation, differentiation and integration.. and must not have anything stored in memory

Things like the TI 83 or 84, the fx-7400G or the fx-9750GA are OK.

The TI 89 and 92 are not allowed.

The fx 991ES is also OK. It does NOT perform symbolic calculations, so is acceptable for examinations. The Differentiation and Integration functions offered are numerical approximations only.
Reply 6
gdunne42
For all awarding bodies, calculators must not have symbolic algebra manipulation, differentiation and integration.. and must not have anything stored in memory

Things like the TI 83 or 84, the fx-7400G or the fx-9750GA are OK.

The TI 89 and 92 are not allowed.

The fx 991ES is also OK. It does NOT perform symbolic calculations, so is acceptable for examinations. The Differentiation and Integration functions offered are numerical approximations only.

I bet by the time you have learnt how to use all the extra functions, you could of learnt the maths anyway right? And so basically your saying the fx 991ES is the most powerful calcualtor you can get to use in an exam? But there are others which you could use to check your work but you just can't take them into exams?
Reply 7
Freerider101
And so basically your saying the fx 991ES is the most powerful calcualtor you can get to use in an exam? But there are others which you could use to check your work but you just can't take them into exams?

Not really what I'm saying, the TI 83 or 84, the fx-7400G or the fx-9750GA are all more 'powerful' than the 991ES and they are all allowed in exams. That said, I used a 991ES and didn't ever need the features of a graphical calculator for regular A level maths.
Reply 8
gdunne42
Not really what I'm saying, the TI 83 or 84, the fx-7400G or the fx-9750GA are all more 'powerful' than the 991ES and they are all allowed in exams. That said, I used a 991ES and didn't ever need the features of a graphical calculator for regular A level maths.

I'm considering getting a TI-Nspire. Is this allowed?

The website I'm looking at suggest you can use it at GCSE, A level at Degree level but I'm not sure whether this means exams or in general to learn the material?

Heres the link

http://calculatorsdirect.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=221

Also I was wondering if there is any difference between that calculator and this one.

http://calculatorsdirect.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=220

They seem to be the same model yet the second one is slightly more expensive and a different colour?

Any help would be much appricated!

Latest