The Student Room Group

A-Levels for journalism..?

Hi !
I'm currently studying English LangLit, History, Media Studies and Law AS Levels and I am really stuck on which one to drop next year in order to look the best to do a journalism degree. I find history hard but it looks good on paper, our law teacher doesn't really do much but it's fun and some people say media doesn't help but surely it's a good background experience ? HELP! :smile: x
Reply 1
drop media or law
Reply 2
Chlozza
Hi !
I'm currently studying English LangLit, History, Media Studies and Law AS Levels and I am really stuck on which one to drop next year in order to look the best to do a journalism degree. I find history hard but it looks good on paper, our law teacher doesn't really do much but it's fun and some people say media doesn't help but surely it's a good background experience ? HELP! :smile: x

Personally, I would drop Law. It's good having English on the table obviously, its one of the strongest subjects related to journalism. Although the person above me says drop Media, I think it is quite relevant to a Journalism degree (a few of my fellow media student in my class are going to Uni to study Journalism!).

So yeah, I'd say Law !
Reply 3
I'd drop media. Although media looks good on paper a couple of uni's i've been to said to me that havin a media A level didnt really matter to them because they teach you most of that stuff anyway. Also, Ii've been told the law side of journalism can be quite hard to grasp so if you have a bit more background in that it might help.
Reply 4
Keep English, but drop whichever other one you find most difficult and are likely to do worse in. All are kind of relevant, so your best bet is to continue studying those you enjoy and will get good results in.
Reply 5
Thanks for all the advice it has really helped! I think I am going to drop media or law depending on my AS results :smile: :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending