The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

A few questions about Sterling...

I can only apologise if these questions have been asked before! And before you say, I have looked at the website XD

1) How many years is a course there? In particular, I'm hoping to do the joint degree of journalism & film & media :smile:

2) Do Stirling accept general studies?

3) Can someone explain the semesters thing to me a bit more? I don't quite understand it.

Any help is appreciated! :biggrin:

*spelt Stirling wrong in title.
esachica
I can only apologise if these questions have been asked before! And before you say, I have looked at the website XD

1) How many years is a course there? In particular, I'm hoping to do the joint degree of journalism & film & media :smile:

2) Do Sterling accept general studies?

3) Can someone explain the semesters thing to me a bit more? I don't quite understand it.

Stirling, Sterling is a currency.

Sorry, I know it's pedantic but I couldn't help myself.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
The silver?
Reply 3
TooSexyForMyStethoscope

This :p:
Reply 4
TooSexyForMyStethoscope

I don't blame you XD Sorry and thanks for correcting!
Reply 5
esachica

Lol sterling :P
4 years, journalism and media are awesome
I don't know, email them?

And 2 semesters in a year, each semester you complete 3 modules. so in first year you complete 6 modules
In third year you just do your honours subjects but in first and second year you can pick random subjects as a third subject

The website is good for all this info :smile:
Reply 6
esachica

1) Depends if you get accepted into honours or not - with honours most degrees are 4 years, without they're 3 years.

2) A grade is a grade, to be honest. I doubt they're going to ask you for specific subjects for journalism and film and media except for English if you don't already have it.

3) Stirling operates a two semester system. The first semester starts roughly the 14th of September every year and carries on until the start of December. The first semesters modules are examined in December, from about the 5th to the 22nd. There is then a massive winter holiday - much long than any other university. The second semester starts roughly the 15th of February and then finishes on roughly the end of April, with the second semester modules being examined from the 5th of May to the 31st of May, or so. During both the semsters we get one week long break in the middle.

Latest

Trending

Trending