Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hralipour
i did see loadsa buff guys when i visited the uni tho :biggrin:

Understandable - I can be seen walking around the place quite a lot :p:

...and everyone knows that Brunel is, in fact, the best... apart from the fact it's the worst and everything.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 41
That's like saying, "I agree to disagree".

Brunel has something that no other halls have- Prison community spirit! This, of course, has it's ups and downs.

But yeah, Runnymede, whoo etc.
Hralipour
i wanted founders n then i heard it's quite bad in there..so now i want reid hall :biggrin:

Founders is a beautiful building, but I'm not sure I'd like to stay in there. The facilities seem a bit old fashioned, plus you have to scoop all the hair out of the shower after someone else has been in there :eek:
I visited Reid Hall the other day - it's really nice! The rooms on the top floor have super high ceilings.
Reply 43
yeh i know founders is gorgeous! i wanted to live there but then i heard dodgy stories about toilets overflowing (ive had enough of that at skl, tyvm!!) and on the open day i was greeted by cigarette butts in the loos and ash on the toilet seats n the whole place smelt of cigarettes :s-smilie:

and can people not take their own hair outta the shower?! jeez! im buyin one of those little round metal dish things to put over the drain so it's only my hair n no-one elses!

i want termly let so it's either founders, reid hall or williamson house..i SO dont want williamson house so reid hall is really my only other option!
--------------
im gonna write on my accommodation form i want founders or reid hall..seein as im an unconditional deferred student and they mucked up my univ. stuff during 2005 clearing, they have to cater to my every whim! lol..im not a diva, honest!
--------------
ooooooohhhhhh i might see u around then Sgt. Fox lol..
I'm in Reid, it's great! The rooms are a nice size, and you get the added benefit of your own bathroom. It's really sociable too, I know everyone in my block (Block 3 House 2 by the way!) I'd highly recommend it. I did have the opportunity to swap with someone in Gowar, but I'm sooo glad I didn't in the end.
MCR-Sugar
I'm in Reid, it's great! The rooms are a nice size, and you get the added benefit of your own bathroom. It's really sociable too, I know everyone in my block (Block 3 House 2 by the way!) I'd highly recommend it. I did have the opportunity to swap with someone in Gowar, but I'm sooo glad I didn't in the end.

Ooh, House 2 Block 3 you say? I do believe that's where I had cheese toasties and vodka on Saturday night. I'm jealous of your kitchens and fridges.
Hehehe! Yup, if you had cheese toasties, then yes, it was Block 3 House 2! We're a crazy bunch us lot! Sadly, I wasn't there on Saturday, culdn't get a ticket so I went home for the weekend. Who did you go back to Reid with on Sat?
Hang on, I think I may have met you! Was it you who I was discussing the Kingswood bus with? And I checked the vodka to see if it was water. Was that you? If so, you were talking to me! You know Steve, right?
MCR-Sugar
Hang on, I think I may have met you! Was it you who I was discussing the Kingswood bus with? And I checked the vodka to see if it was water. Was that you? If so, you were talking to me! You know Steve, right?

Haha, yes! Does Will still have the big blister on his lip from the super-hot cheese? Teehee.
Sarah Sheep
Haha, yes! Does Will still have the big blister on his lip from the super-hot cheese? Teehee.

Indeed, he does! He bought some Savlon yesterday it was hurting so much! :biggrin:
MCR-Sugar
Indeed, he does! He bought some Savlon yesterday it was hurting so much! :biggrin:

Poor thing! *sniggers quietly* The cheese was super hot though...

I should feel bad for derailing this thread into a conversation about the menace that is a cheese toastie, but I don't really...
Reply 51
lol tis funny. i dont know about cheese toasties, but i do believe saturday was le night de la school disco, which rocked! twas immense, and i consumed such copious amounts of alcohol i am giving my liver a rest for a bit lol :biggrin: the uni life is GREAT, would recommend it to all, esp RHUL cuz we're specially amazing :smile:
Reply 52
of course we're amazin, lol!!
omg i was in the monkeys forehead this afternoon - mmmmmmmm saw a BUFF guy! lol..he was strawberry blonde wearin a pink shrt... (L)!!!!!! lol
--------------
wait, does reid hall have ensuite?

i ended up walkin all the way round campus today :s-smilie: i was readin this lil booklet n not lookin where i was going n i was suddenly at gower n wedderburn :s-smilie: god knows how i got there! i had to go up the lil green woodland area to founders cos i didnt know how else to leave lol
Hralipour

wait, does reid hall have ensuite?

Yes, and quite nice bathrooms at that.
Reply 54
I was in Reid Hall last year (Block 2 house 2), and I recommend it. Nice big rooms, decent-sized en-suites (though water from my shower did tend to get on my bathroom floor...), spacy kitchens. All that AND it doesn't look like a concrete prison from the outside, unlike a certain hall very near by... :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 55
lmao to ^!!! :wink:
--------------
ooh, btw if ne-one here's the strawberry blonde bloke i saw in monkey's, hi gorgeous! LOL!!!!
Reply 56
ooh n girlies, dont worry about the male to female ratio thing..i saw LOADSA guys at rhul n apparently mosta the girls have boyfriends from like 6th form or whatever so it's all good, lol!
Reply 57
Hralipour
ooh n girlies, dont worry about the male to female ratio thing..i saw LOADSA guys at rhul n apparently mosta the girls have boyfriends from like 6th form or whatever so it's all good, lol!

:biggrin: so glad i picked holloway
Reply 58
Hralipour
of course we're amazin, lol!!
omg i was in the monkeys forehead this afternoon - mmmmmmmm saw a BUFF guy! lol..he was strawberry blonde wearin a pink shrt... (L)!!!!!! lol

I don't have any pink shirts! - only shirts I was wearing yesterday were a blue polo and a black security polo...

*feels joke wearing thin*

:wink:
Reply 59
lol!

erm, yeh i saw u on wednesday 2...hi gorgeous! lmao...

u feel better now?:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending