The Student Room Group

qualitative research lab report in Psychology

Hi, on my course in Psychology I have just started doing qualitative research methods. We have to analyse interview transcripts using the IPA method. It says that for the introduction we have to review 3-4studies relevant to the topic. I am wondering if anyone knows, should these studies I include be IPA studies or can they be quanititative studies, like normal lab studies or field work? I really hope someone can help as I have never done this type of research b4 and I am very confused.
Well 'relevant to the topic' suggests you need to be looking for either entirely IPA based stuff, hermeneutic stuff (which is what IPA is), or at least generally phenomenological (e.g grounded theory, etc)
Reply 2
Oh, so you think it's more important to look at IPA studies rather than studies related to my topic? Well the topic is the difference between friendships at uni and home. I can not find any IPA studies on this or related to it at all but have found quantative studies so I think I will include them. But thanks for your help anyway.
Ah ok I was going for 'topic' as being about the IPA! lol So yeah of course get relevent studies about the exact subject matter :yes:

Latest