The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

theloosegoose
Wait a second, you claim sarcasm, and then argue the exact same point again? Which is it, sarcasm or your actual argument?

If the former, bad joke.

If the latter, your sample is not nearly representative of what has been happening to the Earth over its entire lifetime.

I think it's a pretty fair comment The snow comment was obviously meant as a joke and if you missed that then..well...you missed it. I found it somewhat amusing, but I suppose everyone always searches for something they can pounce on.

The idea that
The earth has been active for millions of years, and the climate has changed A LOT in those years...INCLUDING the years i was alive..soo thats evidence enough for ME!

Is pretty much what scientists think. Well. Slightly more specifically, the Earth's climate has changed enormously over millions of years but it is now changing outside of the scale of usual natural activity, we have evidence that certain gases have certain warming effects, humans are emitting lots of those gases, therefore we're probably the cause of some of that warming.
Lovlii-Ladii
I was being sarcastic about using the snow as an example. I am not, however, being sarcastic about the fact that the climate of the Earth is changing. There are places that are experiencing extreme drought which they have not experienced before...so climate changed..goodness ders loads of examples...but im not going to go into all of them.
I said it was proof enough for ME...so dont care if its not for you all right...:s-smilie:

I don't think anyone disagrees that climate is changing; that was never the point. I was attacking the reasons you put forward for believing that fact.

And finally, how can proof be conclusive for one person, but not for another? Proof, by definition, is irrefutable.
theloosegoose
I don't think anyone disagrees that climate is changing; that was never the point. I was attacking the reasons you put forward for believing that fact.

And finally, how can proof be conclusive for one person, but not for another? Proof, by definition, is irrefutable.

Just because climate change isn't affecting you doesn't mean climate change is false there are places on Earth where climate change is a growing threat and is already having an effect i think that is more than enough evidence that climate change is indeed true and happening. I recommend you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ
theloosegoose

LOL can we agree to disagree....and it can be cuz to me it is irrefutable..because whoever even tries to refute it wont be able to for a lot of reasons which i cant discuss online :p:
No it is not!!!1
Remarqable M
Just because climate change isn't affecting you doesn't mean climate change is false there are places on Earth where climate change is a growing threat and is already having an effect i think that is more than enough evidence that climate change is indeed true and happening. I recommend you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ

Umm, did you even read what you quoted me as saying? I completely agree, the climate certainly changes. I even agree some people will, or even are, suffering from it. I disagreed primarily with the reasons she believed the same truth, that's all.
Nobody thinks that climate change is a myth.

Not that many people even argue that it is definitely not happening because of man; but I do know a lot of people who say that the debate isn't over yet, and that those who do believe the debate should be over use alarmism to get their message across.
The Earth is definitely getting hotter. I wouldn't call fact a myth.
Reply 28
Climate change definately exists, and always has done. The debate that you're thinking of surrounds the idea of man-made global warming, which is a very different thing.
Ice ages NEVER HAPPEN.

!!!11
Reply 30
Who gives a ****, we are still going to run out of oil and there is absolutely no doubt of that. Why get so caught up with whether climate change is a myth, when the real problem is our imminent energy crisis.

Yes I know there are other important things linked with climate change, but I do think many use it as an excuse not to save energy. They believe that climate change is a myth, therefore they can continue abusing the planet as they always have.
No.
In your opinion based on what? BBC News? Or Daily Mail?

Its occurring, we just need to deal with it and stop whining. If the Govt and Oil Companies funded research towards alternative energies more specifically Nuclear Fusion.

The problem of Climate Change will poooof.........
Until mythbusters do a piece on "is climate change a myth" quite frankly, noone will know the answers, its all down to Jamie and Adam now.
Reply 34
I think the climate is changing and we have something to do with it... but only because of what I've been told in the media etc. But I really couldnt care less if it actually is, I think even if it turns out to be just like cosmetic surface damage we are ruining our planet and really need some good motivation to stop and be more respectful! So if global warming due to co2 and human activities is just a huge goverment myth to force us to be more eco, then I'm all for it.

I do get a feeling that some people might actually like scientifically think it's fake but a lot saying 'i don't belive in global warming' will just be using that an excuse for being really un eco friendly and driving their massive cars everywhere...
Reply 35
No.
there is no evidence that links CO2 emmisions and global temperatures btw
Reply 37
sbarrie2
I have read a few articles online written by people that believe climate change is a myth deployed only to make money from the us.

Ohhh noes! Climate CHANGE is a lie.
Ice age? It's a lie!
It never happened! The climate has always been the SAME! It was all a conspiracy by climate scientist who cut out all the glaciated valleys... to make it appear as if the climate changed... but it's a lie! :woo:

150 years of un-biased scientific research... all part of the conspiracy!
:yes:

Effects of particulates and aerosols form Volcanoes showing a decrease in global temperatures? Nope it's fake.... THE EARTH'S CLIMATE STAYS EXACTLY THE SAME YEAR ON YEAR... THERE R NO CHANGE!!!!!!

What I think you mean is Anthropogenic Climate change... But before you run off shouting conspiracy... Why not evaluate the un-biased peer reviewed evidence? :
http://www.youtube.com/user/potholer54#p/c/A4F0994AFB057BB8/0/52KLGqDSAjo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLYqzIhhT6o

:cool:
sbarrie2
I have read a few articles online written by people that believe climate change is a myth deployed only to make money from the us.

In my opinion this is total rubbish, what do you think?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article5430362.ece
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg18524861.400

the climate is always changing.

duuuuh
I am not sure whether to believe in man made climate change.

Latest

Trending

Trending