Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

RHUL Accommodation Guide

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a little confused about accommodation and wondered if anyone could help. Royal Holloway is my insurance choice, so does that mean that I can't apply for accommodation unless I don't get into my firm choice? Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InkyPen24)
    Hi, I'm a little confused about accommodation and wondered if anyone could help. Royal Holloway is my insurance choice, so does that mean that I can't apply for accommodation unless I don't get into my firm choice? Thanks
    I'm fairly sure you can't apply for accommodation at RHUL unless you've firmed it, so, you're right you can't apply until after results day (assuming you don't get into your firm - which I'm sure you will!)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanaD)
    Hey guys! So I just applied for accommodation this morning :L I got reid as first choice and founders as second and then of course all of the modern ones, KW last. When around do you think we hear about room allocation? and what chance is there of me getting near my top choices..?

Thanks
    Are you conditional or unconditional?
    If you're unconditional I imagine your chances of getting your top choices are fairly high, though people have been applying for accommodation for a long time now so you may be towards the bottom of the pile of unconditionals, so to speak.

In terms of conditional - I suppose it depends where's popular this year as to your likelihood, again, people have been applying for a good while now and it's first come first served but it depends on demand for particular accommodations!
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone else hopefully living in Reid?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NapoleonDynamite)
    anyone else hopefully living in Reid?
    Me! Fingers crossed. I am already impatient to find out
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soule)
    Awesome :cool: What are you studying?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NapoleonDynamite)
    Awesome :cool: What are you studying?
    Psychology. what about yourself?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohlavelle)
    I'm fairly sure you can't apply for accommodation at RHUL unless you've firmed it, so, you're right you can't apply until after results day (assuming you don't get into your firm - which I'm sure you will!)
    Thankyou! I was a tad unsure, so you've cleared it up nicely
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soule)
    Me too! Also studying psych
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanaD)
    Me too! Also studying psych
    Fingers crossed for getting Reid, will be great to have another Psych student about.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soule)
    Fingers crossed for getting Reid, will be great to have another Psych student about.
    My friend and I are both psychology students and we have rooms in Reid E, so if you do get Reid, let me know!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    My friend and I are both psychology students and we have rooms in Reid E, so if you do get Reid, let me know!
    Will do! Have to still wait ages until we find out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how it works with having visitors overnight? like is it really as strict as it says, that they cant stay overnight or after 11?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Question about the space on the desks in Reid. I was planning on bringing a printer, laptop, 27inch flat screen tv, Xbox and Playstation 3 would there be room?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mani131)
    does anyone know how it works with having visitors overnight? like is it really as strict as it says, that they cant stay overnight or after 11?
    They have no way of checking. Apart from kingswood 1 and founders you don't have to go anywhere near security to get to your room.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soule)
    Question about the space on the desks in Reid. I was planning on bringing a printer, laptop, 27inch flat screen tv, Xbox and Playstation 3 would there be room?
    There probably would be space, but you'd be better off putting the ps3 and xbox under the desk. Or in a cupboard, so you actually do work instead of goofing about :P
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toastehmonstah)
    There probably would be space, but you'd be better off putting the ps3 and xbox under the desk. Or in a cupboard, so you actually do work instead of goofing about :P
    Lol well I am a little too old for goofing about (if it's possible to be too old), but I am sure it will be something I can try to master a long with the art of procrastination! :0)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am coming for Entrepreneurship Msc. this Sept, any one for the same course?

Also, does any one have any experience with postgrad halls? I just applied on May 20, do you think it is early enough to receive a room at Victorian houses? Does RHUL indeed let home/EU students know only in July about room offers? I am worried if I don't get the preferred one, there won't be much time to look for private shares.

What are the best places to look for private accommodation with RHUL students? House Search doesn't have many offers.

Any of your advices are appreciated. Cheers!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soule)

I'm in Reid this year, and my friend has similar equipment and there is plenty of room. The rooms are MASSIVE
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem, you should contact RHUL. I waited for few days and it was OK again...:-) Are you an under or postgrad student?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 14, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.