You had to pay a deposit as well right?

Ah, thanks.

And yup, I did.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 121
For anyone who is going to live out in their second (or even first year), please, oh please, do not get Sky. They are ABSOLUTELY rubbish for internet.
Reply 122
does anyone have a link to where u check ur accommodation application status?
It's the same link that you used to apply:

https://halls.rhul.ac.uk/login/start.do

Just log in, click 'Contracts' and when you have an offer of accommodation, it should show up there :smile: xx
Reply 124
samanthachan03
It's the same link that you used to apply:

https://halls.rhul.ac.uk/login/start.do

Just log in, click 'Contracts' and when you have an offer of accommodation, it should show up there :smile: xx

thanks! i was about to flip...i was looking for it for 40mins!
Reply 125
Hi!

Ok, so I'm an international student with unconditional offers from both RHUL and Kent, and I'm a bit concerned about accomodation fees if I go to RH... I absolutely cannot afford to pay more than 4000 for a whole year, but it seems most of the accomodation is above this. So, a few questions:

What are the most popular choices? Could I expect to get a room in Founders or Kingswood 1 if I asked for that, or are they really popular (as they are the cheapest)?
Does anyone have some experiences with living in shared rooms? What kind of people choose that, and is it really bad?

I'm having a really hard time deciding which uni to firm atm, as I'm scared they'll put me in some insanely expensive room and in the end I can't afford to go... Which would suck. Oh and btw, I'm from denmark and I'll be doing English literature and creative writing :smile:
Reply 126
MayaBZ
Hi!

Ok, so I'm an international student with unconditional offers from both RHUL and Kent, and I'm a bit concerned about accomodation fees if I go to RH... I absolutely cannot afford to pay more than 4000 for a whole year, but it seems most of the accomodation is above this. So, a few questions:

What are the most popular choices? Could I expect to get a room in Founders or Kingswood 1 if I asked for that, or are they really popular (as they are the cheapest)?
Does anyone have some experiences with living in shared rooms? What kind of people choose that, and is it really bad?

I'm having a really hard time deciding which uni to firm atm, as I'm scared they'll put me in some insanely expensive room and in the end I can't afford to go... Which would suck. Oh and btw, I'm from denmark and I'll be doing English literature and creative writing :smile:

As far as I know, the cheaper rooms like the ones in Founders and Kingswood are the least popular accommodation, with Butler, Tuke and Williamson and Gowar and Wedderburn being the most popular and most expensive.

A friend of mine who's at RHUL now said that when she applied for accommodation last year, she and the others she's living with now put down the most expensive accommodation as their top choice but ended up with Runnymede (still expensive, but not the most popular). Hence if you want to put down Founders, as far as I know it's quite likely that you'll get a room there.

I don't know much about shared rooms though, sorry.
Reply 127
Shared rooms are ok if you can manage not having that much free space. it all depends on your room mate.

You have missed the accommodation application deadline i think so you will probably get whatever is left.
It is really expensive to live at rhul, off and on campus compared to other places.

just get a loan and bite the stick
The deadline for New Undergraduates is the 4th June so you still have time...and you'll have more priority as you are an unconditional international student. xx
Reply 129
I just accepted an unconditional offer for a MA in Producing, which apparently means I will be located in central London rather than the Surrey campus. I'm also an international student, and not quite sure how to go about finding accommodation to fit my budget. I've looked at the University of London Intercollegiate Housing and it seems a bit pricey for what you get. Is anyone else participating in this program or currently living in London who can give me some ideas?
Reply 130
I'm having last minute thoughts of coming to RHUL but ive already firmed SOAS - I'm just outside of the 14 day deadline, couldve changed if UCAS didnt have bloody maintenance work going on on their website! WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Reply 131
JohanPar
Am I the only one that's planning to find others to rent a flat with? I have given the private sector a gander and there are places that would, in the case of a small group of people agreeing to it, be much cheaper than the halls. If anyone is looking at the same prospects, do let me know.

I'd also like to rent a flat with some mates, but i don't know where to find any information about it and don't have a clue about neither the prices or conditions.
Reply 132
hamzab
I'm having last minute thoughts of coming to RHUL but ive already firmed SOAS - I'm just outside of the 14 day deadline, couldve changed if UCAS didnt have bloody maintenance work going on on their website! WHAT SHOULD I DO?

There's always the phone
Reply 133
gm15
There's always the phone

Just waiting till 0800 later to ring them.
Reply 134
Has anyone heard back about accommodation yet? A friend of mine who's there now said she heard back sometime in June so I guess we'll be finding out where we'll be living rather soon!
Although it says within 28 days of today (if you're an unconditional firm applicant), I'm hoping the contracts will be available tomorrow because they're upgrading the site at the moment :smile: xox
Reply 136
Have a look at your online application, the accommodation name that has changed colour is most likely what you'll get. This was an accurate first indication last year.
Reply 137
Drongo
Have a look at your online application, the accommodation name that has changed colour is most likely what you'll get. This was an accurate first indication last year.

Ah, thanks for the tip!

As Samantha said, it seems like the website is being updated at the moment so I'll check that as soon as it's back up.
Reply 138
llacerta
Ah, thanks for the tip!

As Samantha said, it seems like the website is being updated at the moment so I'll check that as soon as it's back up.

In case it is of interest; when my friend (an unconditional firm international) checked 4 days ago, her first choice had changed (it was either black and all the others grey or vice versa, can't remember).
Reply 139
Finally the website has finished updating. My application still says 'submitted', but when I look at the details of it, under the column 'halls', the name of my first choice has disappeared and it's now just an empty box. So I guess that's a possible sign that I might have that one? I hope so!

Latest

Trending

Trending