The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Will MMU kick me out if I fail a unit?

I failed two core units in my first year and had to redo them by repeating the year again. However, i just had to do the two units alone.
I am confident I can pass one of them but I am not so confident about the second one....if a fail one of them, will they allow me to resit or will they kick me out?
Reply 1
If you are only doing two units in this resit year, and you're still failing one of them, then I think you need to be seriously considering whether the course and/or a university education full stop is really for you.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Highly unlikely, I've never known MMU to kick anyone out. I mean, it is MMU after all. As long as they're getting your money, I doubt they care.

You have six years to complete your degree, if you still haven't passed then they'll throw you out because they legally have to.
Reply 3
tinywings
Highly unlikely, I've never known MMU to kick anyone out. I mean, it is MMU after all. As long as they're getting your money, I doubt they care.

My boyfriend just got kicked out in his second year because he failed one test :frown:
Reply 4
i've just had a resit and im pretty sure i failed everything i revised didnt come up :frown: i was wondering if i can resit the whole year instead of just resitting the one module? please help
Reply 5
You can redo a year, yeah.
how do you go about this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending