The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Tina
so who gets these......people who are absolutely brilliant in their interviews?

Pretty much. Catz do it sometimes too.
Reply 161
Its to people who do amazing all round...GCSE's...ASs...BMAT and interview
Reply 162
lizzzy`
Someone got an offer of EEE- see Oxbridge profiles

An anomalie (sp?). The term matriculation is used to describe the Government's absolute minimum GCE grades for University entry, which happens to be two E grades.
Reply 163
lizzzy`
Pretty much. Catz do it sometimes too.

So does Peterhouse.
Reply 164
Tek
An anomalie (sp?). The term matriculation is used to describe the Government's absolute minimum GCE grades for University entry, which happens to be two E grades.

I think so. I stand corrected. Matriculation offer, EE.
My aunt got into Christ's on EE. Lucky her.
Reply 165
lizzzy`
I think so. I stand corrected. Matriculation offer, EE.
My aunt got into Christ's on EE. Lucky her.

Indeed. My aunt got into both Oxford and Cambridge, but never completed her MML degree at Trinity because she dropped out to become an actor! :eek:
Reply 166
Tek
An anomalie (sp?).

Anomaly.
Reply 167
Seer
I wonder what the employment prospects are for Cambridge graduates with 1sts :wink:

It makes your application more bright, shiny and appealing!
Reply 168
Tek
Indeed. My aunt got into both Oxford and Cambridge, but never completed her MML degree at Trinity because she dropped out to become an actor! :eek:

Is she anyone famous?
Reply 169
Tek

So I'm assuming your aunt had a sexchange prior to becoming an actor? :biggrin:
Camford
I see, no one has applied to Pembroke nor to do CompSci.... Does that mean I have a better chance of getting in?

see this post for more info on Post Interview Syndrome

i know someone who applied for compsci at pem and seeing as there are 3 places available i would have thought it would be quite tough to get in.
lol
Reply 172
It'sPhil...
i know someone who applied for compsci at pem and seeing as there are 3 places available i would have thought it would be quite tough to get in.

Phil at Emmanuel is the most evil (2nd most competitive course at most competitive college).

17 applicants, 2 places :frown:
Reply 173
lizzzy`
Is she anyone famous?

No, that's the irony.
Reply 174
Seer
Phil at Emmanuel is the most evil (2nd most competitive course at most competitive college).

17 applicants, 2 places :frown:

The tactic is to apply for Oriental Studies at Homerton, or Classics at Girton (2 applicants 2001-2002; 4 acceptances)!

Surely the Winter Pool can only even things out to a certain extent - if you are really bothered you probably could play the system and find the most undersubscribed college.
Reply 175
Tek
No, that's the irony.

Oh :smile:
Many a student has gone on from Oxbridge to reading the news.
Reply 176
Tek
The tactic is to apply for Oriental Studies at Homerton, or Classics at Girton (2 applicants 2001-2002; 4 acceptances)!

Surely the Winter Pool can only even things out to a certain extent - if you are really bothered you probably could play the system and find the most undersubscribed college.

Surely the best tactic is Nordic Studies at some godforsaken Hall :smile:
Reply 177
Tek
If you are really bothered you probably could play the system and find the most undersubscribed college.

Nope...they try to accept the best poeple no matter what collge they apply to.
Reply 178
Tek

Yes but that would also be the tactics of other would-be applicants next year and the year after that and so on...
Reply 179
The one good thing about applying to a competitive college is you're the first to get looked at if you're pooled.

Latest

Trending

Trending