The Student Room Group
Reply 1
work throughout the year, read over your notes after the lesson and just keep everything in order and you will be fine!
Reply 2
Well you'll probably have a few exams in January, so you should be revising for them when you've done most of the module. But making revision notes as you go along is always useful and gives you more time nearer to the exam to practice exam questions, as its more important to be able to answer exam questions rather than just knowing your stuff. Shame I didn't have this brilliant plan when I did AS's, but I'll definitely be using it for A2 :smile:
Reply 3
work throughout the year, read over your notes after the lesson and just keep everything in order and you will be fine!

Read over your notes after lessons? Did anyone actually do that? I did it after the first day and then just couldn't be bothered. To thread creator, do try though, saves ages when you come to revise.

I would recommend giving up the February half-term for making revision notes. Then for the Easter holidays finishing off these notes and getting down to serious memorising when those notes are finished. When you come back to school for beginning of summer term, do all the past papers and keep on checking you know all the stuff you've memorised. You'll murder the exams if you do that.
Really there isn't a 'right' time to start revising as it depends on how you work best and how quickly you take things in, but I'd say you should start making notes in the February half-term and then start revising properly in the Easter holidays. If you have any January exams (I didn't, but it varies from subject to subject) you should just start revising as soon as you've finished the work and then use some time over Christmas to revise properly.
Reply 5
For January exams, I would start revising from the middle of December onwards. For June, start during the start of April or during the easter holidays.
Reply 6
hey just like me..m also doin my as levels in sept...i already started revising but i think i shud have started long ago......gud luck
Reply 7
nemo199
hey just like me..m also doin my as levels in sept...i already started revising but i think i shud have started long ago......gud luck

:confused: How can you start to revise for an AS that you haven't even started the course in yet?
Reply 8
I am teaching myself the first unit of each of the subjects I am doing. I am already confident with the first unit of Edexcel Chem, Bio and Physics - I will spend the next few weeks doing some work for Maths. :smile: If you continuously refresh yourself with work, there really shouldn't be a set time to start "hardcore revision".
Reply 9
Good stuff, you're going to be quite bored though for the first few weeks :smile:
Reply 10
distortedgav
Good stuff, you're going to be quite bored though for the first few weeks :smile:

Yeah probably. :frown: But I'd rather be bored and relaxed as opposed to stressed and occupied. :wink:
Whizz Kid
I am teaching myself the first unit of each of the subjects I am doing. I am already confident with the first unit of Edexcel Chem, Bio and Physics - I will spend the next few weeks doing some work for Maths. :smile: If you continuously refresh yourself with work, there really shouldn't be a set time to start "hardcore revision".

Same here man
Reply 12
Whizz Kid
Yeah probably. :frown: But I'd rather be bored and relaxed as opposed to stressed and occupied. :wink:

give yourself a break! it's the holidays!
Reply 13
distortedgav: How can you start to revise for an AS that you haven't even started the course in yet?

my school year starts in january ends in dec. finished the syllabus already..
Reply 14
distortedgav
:confused: How can you start to revise for an AS that you haven't even started the course in yet?

It's possible to revise if he knows what exam board and specification he is following, and the books he needs.
Reply 15
trev
It's possible to revise if he knows what exam board and specification he is following, and the books he needs.

Call me pedantic but it's not revision then is it? Revision is literally revisiting the work you've covered. Personally I don't see the need to do much (if any) work before September. You do a course which is able to be taught in time for the exams (including class revision). If you keep on top of the work from September, address any issues early on and start revision early before your exams you'll be fine.
Reply 16
I am teaching myself the first unit of each of the subjects I am doing. I am already confident with the first unit of Edexcel Chem, Bio and Physics - I will spend the next few weeks doing some work for Maths. If you continuously refresh yourself with work, there really shouldn't be a set time to start "hardcore revision".

Don;t you feel you have a lack of life spending your summer learning stuff you'll be taught anyway? It would be hillarious if your didn;t get the grades required for your course.
Whizz Kid

Have you just got syllabus' online for the teaching? Or have you bought revision guides too?

Latest