The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
this threads motivating me to start revising I no longer want to be a wait till Easter girl
Reply 21
awww, bless
again, i'm done with gcses and only wish to offer encouragement to those starting now, and a lots of 'good luck' to you all :h:

VeggieHJT
Does anyone else find it really annoying when people turn up to the exam and have not done ANY revision and get higher grades then you, and you have spent hours and hours and hours revising??? I AM SICK OF IT!!
I started revsing in January :smile:

i've always found it's best to stop worrying about other people. just concentrate on you, not them, and that's how you succeed :yes:
Reply 22
I'm only going over some maths exerices so that I don't forget too much when it comes to the exams. AS-levels this is - GCSE maths were good times long gone :frown:
Reply 23
Chunkycrayons
Err, this is really for the GCSE students :')
but i guess you A-level-ers have exams in June too so you can join in as well haha!
Glad it's going well for you though, I find the less stress I put on myself the easier it is for me to actually work

GCSES?! pshhh.

Teachers overhype them so much. Having only revised the night before for many of my exams, I was led to believe that I would be getting straight Us.

I thought I was tripping out when I got As and Bs. Point is, you dont even need to be revising now to get A*s.
Reply 24
This is making me feel so guilty that I am actually going to start revision tomorrow...*clears throat*...
Oh the days of GCSE, just wait till A-Levels, so much different :smile: i'd start in the easter holidays if i was you :smile:
you should really start in easter at the earliest or youll burn yourself out ... gcses are quite easy, i did hardly any revision ( i dont reccomend this) and came out with B's, and A* and C's which surprised me...
Reply 27
For those people who are telling us to stop revising please stop.
Some people actually need to start early.

And for those who say "GCSE's are so easy" did you all get all A*?? I doubt the majority of you did.
If you don't want to revise a few months ahead then so be it, but leave those who want to alone!

I'm prepared for all the neg rep i'm going to be getting now :frown:
i wont start revising for ages... :smile: but i dont need to :p: i only do easy subjects
and currently im stuck doing coursework >:frown: which i have completely given up hope on completing :p:
Reply 29
I started my revision yesterday. I was planning to start it during Easter, but I realised how much I had to revise.

I really can't wait until my GCSE's are over - then I can do subjects I enjoy.
Reply 30
Ergh. In history we were given these HUGE - well not really, A3 pieces of paper with dates on them and what subject + section we'll revise...
I still haven't filled it in.

I'm finding GCSE surprisingly easy, I was surprised with my recent science results as I found I got 3 A*s :smile:. Perhaps I was lucky and shouldn't try my luck in other exams. I don't mean to sound arrogant as I did revise! Crammed around 4-5 hours the night before and another one in the morning :smile:.

Revision, Late April/Early May for me :smile:, I'm very lazy, and Piano is taking up SOOO much of my time :frown:

Chunkycrayons
For those people who are telling us to stop revising please stop.
Some people actually need to start early.

And for those who say "GCSE's are so easy" did you all get all A*?? I doubt the majority of you did.
If you don't want to revise a few months ahead then so be it, but leave those who want to alone!

I'm prepared for all the neg rep i'm going to be getting now :frown:

Yeah, I know how you feel. I know a few people who will revise their A*** off and still not get straight A*s but there's people like this nerd (not really :wink: don't kill me in school).
|
V

manic_fuzz
i wont start revising for ages... :smile: but i dont need to :p: i only do easy subjects
and currently im stuck doing coursework >:frown: which i have completely given up hope on completing :p:

Who will get Straight A*s by doing revision on the day to school. I know manic is someone who has ace exam "techniques" to get 100 UMS.
He even got... 52/45 (or something along those lines, the point is he went over the maximum mark) in a Chemistry Mock paper :wink:. No joke lol.
For the first time in my life ever I've actually created an exam timetable and I plan to stick to it. I have an awful exam timetable which makes revising the night before pretty impossible without going insane, so it means I actually have to plan my revision out this year :frown: Will start tonight!
Reply 32
Started revision today :frown: Was going to leave it until at least the Easter holidays, but was at this after school revision class last week and it suddenly hit me how much stuff I have to know.
And now, I'm terrified, :eek3:
To make things worse, apparently my school isn't giving yr 11s study leave this year...Learning for sure on Wednesday, but to be honest I'll probably have a breakdown if I'm revising at school for five hours, then revising another three at home. Would rather be at home and comfortable when revising than stuck at school.
Reply 33
VeggieHJT
Does anyone else find it really annoying when people turn up to the exam and have not done ANY revision and get higher grades then you, and you have spent hours and hours and hours revising??? I AM SICK OF IT!!
I started revsing in January :smile:

Most of the people that say that are lying.. loads of my friends tried to lie aswell saying i never revisied or after the exam paper i never even finished the testt ..loadsof question were left out but she only left 1 one mark question as i sit next to herrr ..
Reply 34
taichii
Most of the people that say that are lying.. loads of my friends tried to lie aswell saying i never revisied or after the exam paper i never even finished the testt ..loadsof question were left out but she only left 1 one mark question as i sit next to herrr ..

I know what you mean! I think most of the time it's so they don't appear big headed, or try and act really smart because they have aced the test without any revision, but tbf each to their own. I don't think people should care what everyone else gets just do the best you can and then be happy with that
i am really worried cuz i started a lot of revision each night and then something clicked and i was just doing tons of study, but then i got ill and it has not gone away so i cannot revise now

Latest