The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The best thing to do with your extended essay is just stay calm :biggrin:. Try writing a couple of essays focused on different issues and then combining them into one super essay. I did this for my extended essay and it worked out fine :P. Good luck with the essay anyway
Reply 2
I would echo what Duncan161 said, just relax and write your fastest. I was really nervous before mine, but I ended up having like 10/15 minutes left at the end to check over it which was perfect. You don't need to memorise your essay word by word, just memorise it point by point and read over it loads the night before. I did this and I found that the exact wording of my essay came into my head when writing. Good luck.
Reply 3
how can i get more marks for my argument and evalutation. at the moment i get around 4. i also generally get 2 for structure and 6 for k+u. thanks for help.
Reply 4
jono93
how can i get more marks for my argument and evalutation. at the moment i get around 4. i also generally get 2 for structure and 6 for k+u. thanks for help.

Our teacher says analysis/argument is basically explaining why you've said something.

Don't know if you did Britain, but for example:

"Why did the Liberals bring in reform?"

The reports of Booth and Rowntree showed poverty in Britain.
These results showed the Liberal government that change was necessary.

Orange is knowledge and understanding. This is basically your pure history, and it shows you know about events of the time, but it doesn't show how you can relate that back to the question. The red portion directly answers the question. The orange by itself doesn't explicitly say why the Liberals brought in reforms so you need to make that connection for your argument marks.

Need to treat the examiner like an idiot. E.g. a simpler question:

"Why are you leaving school early?"

I'm going to the dentist. I need to leave early otherwise I will miss my appointment.

It's natural for us to say only the first bit, we expect the person we're talking to to realise the red bit themselves, but in an essay we can't do that, we have to be very clear and explain, like in the red bit.

Obviously you need to expand and use more knowledge/detail etc, but that's the basics as I understand them.

Hope that helps a bit. :smile:
Reply 5
thanks for help. so if i do that after every point i make i should be ok. or at the end of every paragraph.
Reply 6
jono93
thanks for help. so if i do that after every point i make i should be ok. or at the end of every paragraph.

I think so :smile: I'm not a marker so I don't know for sure, but our teacher gave us a big lecture on it and that's pretty much what he said :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending