The Student Room Group

Dropping subjects after conditionals

Can it be done? Or more importantly must I notify the universities who gave me the offers? The offer I want to take up only wants me to get 3 subjects, the issue is that I'm studying and sitting 4. So it seems like a god idea would be to drop the one I'm worst at. So could I do that without telling the universities? I don't want to risk having them take my offer from me because I've changed my subjects from when they gave me the offer.

Can anyone shed any light? I guess an important note is that conditional offers seem to be based on my predicted grades for this year, and the subject I want to drop is only a predicted grade C and the Universities aren't wanting C's. So I would say I don't have to tell them but then I don't want to risk it without knowing.
As has been said a million and one times on here before:

If you drop a subject you need to inform both your firm and insurance universities and UCAS. The universities can then change their offer (or withdraw it) if they want to as you've changed the circumstances in which they were willing to give you an offer. So therefore before you do anything check with the universities concerned what they would do if you were - in a hypothetical situation - to drop one of your subjects.

However given its now March you only have 2 months left of the course so it seems silly to drop it now without getting any recognition for the work you've put in over the last year or so. Even if the extra A level isn't part of a uni offer it might help you in the future with grad scheme applications etc which also take your A levels into consideration.
Reply 2
What if you have an unconditional and drop a subject?...Still need to inform the university?
Reply 3
FelixG
What if you have an unconditional and drop a subject?...Still need to inform the university?

Yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending