The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
If the admissions tutor is really very impressed on his personal statement, his teacher's reference, and his performance in interview, then there lies a good chance for him to get a place in QM even if he doesn't make the grades. Moreover, if his AS-level grades were good enough to meet his teacher's prediction, then that might also help the admissions tutor to reach a positive decision.

I don't know much about Law, but if there is still some places left in QM for clearing then he might not be rejected.

If he's too worried about the final decision of QM, then I suggest he should contact the admissions tutor directly.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Law is heavily oversubscribed at QM (the draw of having a UoL LLB I guess). To be frank, if he missed his offer by any more than one grade, I would be surprised if they take him.

Has he contacted QM yet? The longer he leaves it the less likely he is to seem 'keen' and the less likely he is to get in. I realise that he might have to wait until our A-Level results come out before he gets his answer, but he really should express an 'interest' with QM now!
Reply 3
is it pretty impossible to get in anywhere with BBC or BCC? like for law/econs or something along those lines?
Reply 4
zerline
is it pretty impossible to get in anywhere with BBC or BCC? like for law/econs or something along those lines?

It's not, but you might end up looking at the 'new universities'. Suggest you post this in the law forum, if you haven't already, as current applicants would have more of an idea of what is possible with those grades. becareful though - some of the law peeps have rather overinflated opinions of certian law schools and are really down on others with no other reason than pretentious academic snobbery.

If you want a 'working world' opinion of employability after a law degree at X, Y or Z univeristy. I would be glad to run it past my boyf or any of the other rabble from his chambers. Mind you - having said that most are every so slightly pompous OxBridge grads! Heh ho!
Reply 5
zerline

Try Middlsex or Westminster? Or better yet, see UCAS Clearing.

Otherwise, call them and plead to save your place! Queen Mary is a great University, so do everything you can to try and save your place there.

Your tenacity will show how eager you really are to study at their University, this should impress them, a bit at least!

Good luck!
Reply 6
haha, thanks ellomoto, but it's not me, it's my friend. and could you ask your bf fluffy? that would be excellent!! i'll get him to call them up immediately. i feel so awful for all those ppl that didn't make their grades.

Latest

Trending

Trending