The Student Room Group

My application was withdrawn..?

My application to manchester met was withdrawn today, and I'm awfully confused.
According to UCAS;
"Withdrawn application
A choice can be withdrawn by you or the university or college. The reason will be displayed in Track. It may be withdrawn because you didn't respond to any letters or emails from the university or college, or because you didn't attend an interview."

But I didn't get any kind of contact from the university, and I certainly didn't withdraw the application myself.
I'm assuming this means I was unsuccessful, so why couldn't they have just put "Unsuccessful" ?
:rolleyes:
Call up the university and ask- it may be a mistake. :dontknow:
It can't hurt.
It's not because you were unsuccessful, but because something probably was wrong with your application, by this I mean you may have put incorrect details.
You should contact the University as soon as possible to ask for a reason.
Sounds like an administrative error, or incorrect contact details. Contact them.
Reply 4
Call them
that would be the best thing
Reply 5
Contacting them would be the best thing to do. It might simply be an error or it could be something like having copied another PS? However, if it was the latter I'd suppose that your application would be withdrawn from all, not one, universities.
Reply 6
Okay.
Thanks v.much everyone :smile:
It's not the PS thing. If it was then you would have been informed by UCAS that you had been identified by the plagiarism checker and the details had been passed on to the universities. I assume you didn't receive this.
Reply 8
No I most certainly did not :smile:
I've double checked my personal details, and they're all fine.
Hmm :/
Reply 9
makinbacon
No I most certainly did not :smile:
I've double checked my personal details, and they're all fine.
Hmm :/

Maybe they've withdrawn the course?
Reply 10
makinbacon
My application to manchester met was withdrawn today, and I'm awfully confused.
According to UCAS;
"Withdrawn application
A choice can be withdrawn by you or the university or college. The reason will be displayed in Track. It may be withdrawn because you didn't respond to any letters or emails from the university or college, or because you didn't attend an interview."

But I didn't get any kind of contact from the university, and I certainly didn't withdraw the application myself.
I'm assuming this means I was unsuccessful, so why couldn't they have just put "Unsuccessful" ?
No it doesn't mean you were unsuccessful. What does it say on Track? The most likely explanation since you haven't heard from them is that the course has been cancelled. If that is so you will be able to substitute another choice - but be careful to check with your new choice whether they will consider as it will a late application - see stickied thread at the top of the forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending