The Student Room Group
its ok :p: if its what you want to do/ like the sound of then go for it, its enjoyerable if you like it, likewise if you hate it your going to have fun :p:

its not a bad degree
soonerthanlater
OOOK so failed getting into dentistry but finished with high grade in biology thinking of accepting Dundee's offer for biomedical sciences...although ive researched it and yeah it sounds alright i wanted to know from people who have actually studied it-is it actually fun at all?? thanks:cool:

First of all i'm sorry that you didn't manage to get in this time:frown: . I was just wondering if you knew why you were rejected? If it was grades then graduate entry would be the easiest route if you still want to try for dentistry. If it wasn't grades and you want to try again then maybe a gap year to get more experience would be easier. Of course you may not want to do dentistry, whatever, Good Luck!:biggrin:
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
First of all i'm sorry that you didn't manage to get in this time:frown: . I was just wondering if you knew why you were rejected? If it was grades then graduate entry would be the easiest route if you still want to try for dentistry. If it wasn't grades and you want to try again then maybe a gap year to get more experience would be easier. Of course you may not want to do dentistry, whatever, Good Luck!:biggrin:

no worries thanks anyway. Nah coz of my grade la I did rubbish due to uncontrollable circumstances and only finished up with 1A 2Bs and 2Cs so I thought I'd just go for graduate entry. Admittedly I don't really want to do biomed it's just really for entry into dentistry. I didn't actually apply for dentistry lol that would have been a laugh for the selectors:P. Btw since ur doin medicine-and congrats for gettin in- do you know if it's true that if you perform really well in the first year of a life science you could be transferred into medicine?? X
soonerthanlater
no worries thanks anyway. Nah coz of my grade la I did rubbish due to uncontrollable circumstances and only finished up with 1A 2Bs and 2Cs so I thought I'd just go for graduate entry. Admittedly I don't really want to do biomed it's just really for entry into dentistry. I didn't actually apply for dentistry lol that would have been a laugh for the selectors:P. Btw since ur doin medicine-and congrats for gettin in- do you know if it's true that if you perform really well in the first year of a life science you could be transferred into medicine?? X

It is technically possible at some unis, but it is a very long shot. Medical schools have strict quotas for the number of students (hence why they only have exactly 162 or 202 places), they can only offer a transfer if there is a place in that year due to drop outs etc and these places are not guaranteed. I hope that doesn't put you off doing really well in biomed, and there is a chance, just a very small one!:wink:
Reply 5
at newcastle if your doing biomed sciences or biochemistry they give you the chance to switch to dentistry or medicine after 1 year providing you achieve a high UKCAT and keep up a very high standard of maybe 75 % in examinations

Latest

Trending

Trending