The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think it's actually anytime after 7AM on the 18th and won't it spoil the surprise of getting your results?
Gaz031
I think it's actually anytime after 7AM on the 18th and won't it spoil the surprise of getting your results?

nah, i dont think it will. Ucas will tell you the minimum grades you achieved because you have achieved your e.g. BBB offer; but when you open your results, you may be pleasantly surprised to find you got AAB instead! :smile:
Reply 3
tishysquishy
nah, i dont think it will. Ucas will tell you the minimum grades you achieved because you have achieved your e.g. BBB offer; but when you open your results, you may be pleasantly surprised to find you got AAB instead! :smile:

You can still get into your firm having missed your offer...

So you might get a nasty suprise too.
Reply 4
What goes on before that on ucas is the Clearing list at 00.01GMT on the 18th!
Reply 5
kitsune
What goes on before that on ucas is the Clearing list at 00.01GMT on the 18th!

So the whole clearing list goes onlline at 00.01am?
Reply 6
twiga
So the whole clearing list goes onlline at 00.01am?

yeah! literally on the 18th! :P
Reply 7
kitsune
yeah! literally on the 18th! :P

Not that it matters to me but that sounds really cool :biggrin:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t126578.html
PQ
UCAS and the universities and schools/colleges are still in negotiation about when UCAS Track will go live.

It will be static for a week before results date (ie not be updated at all).

It will *definitely* be up and running at 11am.

It *might* be up and running at 7am, however a lot of schools and colleges are protesting about this as they think people should only know if they've got a place or not when they're at school and surrounded by people who will help them/support them if things don't go right. UCAS and universities want as many people as possible to know if they've been accepted as quickly as possible - to cut down hugely on the phone calls from people who've got a place and leave the lines free for people who really do need to speak to admissions tutors about their results etc.

All that UCAS Track will show is whether your firm/insurance unis have confirmed your place (if they have your CF/CI will change to UF/UI), if they've rejected you (CF/CI changed to Unsuccessful) or if they've still not decided (CF/CI will be unchanged).

It will NOT show you your grades - the only place you will be able to get your grades is from your school.

This year UCAS are also planning to send out as many AS12 letters (final confirmation of your place - have to be sent on to your confirmed uni within 14 days to secure your place) as possible for arrival on the morning of Thursday 18th - so if you happen to get your post delivered early keep an eye out for a UCAS letter - it'll be good news.

As far as universities have been informed it'll go live at 7am - apparantly the people manning the phones at UCAS have been giving out a less definitive answer.

Latest