The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
platinumki
I just think that my mother is getting a little frustrated with me...

"Do you need anything?"
I don't know

"How much is your rent?"
I don't know

"When are you going?"
I don't know

(btw I know that I have to come into residence on 1st October but I have applied for an instrumental award so I'll have to go down (come up) earlier)

there's a trick to answering questions like that...."well, what do you think I might need?". They'll begin to list all sorts of things, and you just say "yes we'll need that" to most of the things. If they begin to annoy you with their constant listing, suggest they write out a big list of items and you'll tick off all the things you agree that you'll need! If they're response to your original response is "Well I don't know" then just reply "well I'm the same as you". they can't get annoyed at that!
Reply 41
Willa
there's a trick to answering questions like that...."well, what do you think I might need?". They'll begin to list all sorts of things, and you just say "yes we'll need that" to most of the things. If they begin to annoy you with their constant listing, suggest they write out a big list of items and you'll tick off all the things you agree that you'll need! If they're response to your original response is "Well I don't know" then just reply "well I'm the same as you". they can't get annoyed at that!

Then you get the response, well you should know! We need to start packing now *mother starts to panic in a way that only mothers can*
Reply 42
platinumki
I just think that my mother is getting a little frustrated with me...

"Do you need anything?"
I don't know

"How much is your rent?"
I don't know

"When are you going?"
I don't know

(btw I know that I have to come into residence on 1st October but I have applied for an instrumental award so I'll have to go down (come up) earlier)

You won't know your rent until they tell you your room, that might be a more acceptable answer to your mum.

A.
Reply 43
notyourpunk
Then you get the response, well you should know! We need to start packing now *mother starts to panic in a way that only mothers can*

sounds familiar!

I have lots of 'to do' lists for packing and going away. I just haven't done any of the things on them yet. I'm not worried..my mum is!
Reply 44
I think I now make lists of things purely to placate my mother, she doesn't appreciate it when I do them only my head. It never ends, uni isn't the end lol; now I'm having to make lists about moving to London :rolleyes:.

A.

Latest

Trending

Trending