Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Prudy
Hello Aidan's potential freshers!

Get excited for the open days, it's going to be a good one!

I'm glad to hear it! It makes the prospect of a 6 hour train journey a tad more bearable :P
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I'll be there tomorrow :smile: Anyone have any idea what we'll be doing on the evening? Trying to decide what to pack ^^
Reply 42
_ice_queen_
I'll be there tomorrow :smile: Anyone have any idea what we'll be doing on the evening? Trying to decide what to pack ^^

good question! i want to know this also- i hear people can go out to a bar/ club in the evening? maybe a pair of comfy shoes, durham is very hilly!
Reply 43
whostosay
good question! i want to know this also- i hear people can go out to a bar/ club in the evening? maybe a pair of comfy shoes, durham is very hilly!

I would also like to know; considering it's only one day, my bag seems to be getting disproportionately large :|
Reply 44
In the evening we will have a bop (disco) in the JCR followed by a club for those over 18, and films and games (pool, fussball, table tennis etc etc) for those under 18/don't want to go to the club.

:smile:
Prudy
In the evening we will have a bop (disco) in the JCR followed by a club for those over 18, and films and games (pool, fussball, table tennis etc etc) for those under 18/don't want to go to the club.

:smile:

Really wish I was going now, but can't make the dates unfortunately. :frown:
I have been to Durham already though, a couple of times on open days, but I stayed at Greys College.

Hope you all have a good time.
Reply 46
hey guys, if anyone is hoping to be at Aidan's in October then feel free to join the facebook group Aidan's Freshers 2010

There load's of information there provided by members of the freshers week team and if you have any questions then post them on the wall and someone will get back to you.

See you in October :woo:
Reply 47
Hey folks, seems I do this every year but this time I'm doing it as a graduate of the college rather than a member. Nevertheless, and as proof of what involvement in the JCR can do for you, I'm now running a web development company and have crafted a new Aidan's site for 2010/11.

http://www.st-aidans.com/

The site contains all manner of information on the college and over the next few days and weeks will have even more stuff added, including photos from the last three years of events, information on every bar, restaurant, club, pub and cafe in Durham as well as tons of info to assuage those nerves when it comes to room sharing, moving away from home and, of course, badgers.

There's even an amazing hand drawn map of the college!

If you want to chat to current students (and maybe a few of us graduates desperate to pretend we're still relevant) then check out the Official Facebook group and don't search because you may get the unofficial one.

As a developer I'd also say, if you spot any problems with the site, please let me know, cheers! As a graduate I'd say that if you're looking at an offer from Aidan's, you've just had the best letter you'll ever receive!

Latest