The Student Room Group
I would say Southampton for the course and quality, however for the other your better off visiting those unis to see.
Reply 2
Southampton is better; but they're so close that its more important to visit them both and decide which you would prefer to spend 3 years at.
Reply 3
Southampton. I think they are ranked 15th on the TALET either way it is better. For student life i suggest maybe visiting the university itself then looking around the towns.
Reply 4
harriet_baz
Hi. Which is better Economics at Sheffield or Southampton based on the course and quality of teaching? Also which has a better student life?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

In terms of the actual course, I'd say Southampton's is more quantitative. (Or at least, providing you choose the correct modules, it can be much more quantitative.) Whether this is 'better' for you or not depends on whether you want a more quantitative or qualitative course.

No one can comment on quality of teaching since no one has attended both Sheffield and Southampton for undergraduate study.

In terms of student life, you'd have to visit to see which you prefer in terms of clubs and social activities.
.ACS.
In terms of the actual course, I'd say Southampton's is more quantitative. (Or at least, providing you choose the correct modules, it can be much more quantitative.) Whether this is 'better' for you or not depends on whether you want a more quantitative or qualitative course.

No one can comment on quality of teaching since no one has attended both Sheffield and Southampton for undergraduate study.

In terms of student life, you'd have to visit to see which you prefer in terms of clubs and social activities.

Just out of interest, how have your reapplications gone?

Latest

Trending

Trending