The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Societies - 2010/2011

So, we have the accomodation threads, fresher thread, firmers thread and probably subject threads coming up soon. So why not a Societies thread? :awesome:

Simply list out what societies you are looking to join at Nottingham:

Definitely Joining:
Maybe Joining:

This is a good way to meet people with similar interests to you I guess :p:
The list is actually quite huge, from Boxing to Creative Writing; Departmental Societies to even Pole Dancing :sexface:

http://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/activities2/

Definitely Joining: Boxing; Afro-Caribbean; Economics; RnB
Maybe Joining: Football; Creative Writing

:woo:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Definitely Joining: Yoga, Art, PhotoSoc
Maybe Joining: Muay Thai, Chinese, Hispanic, fashion soc, thai soc, cake soc.

Oh, how I actually want to join the cheerleading but being so unable to do the whole flippy uppy thing...ruins it
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
You don't know how excited all these threads are getting me :biggrin:
Definitely Joining: Hispanic, Latin Ballroom and Salsa, Karnival
Maybe Joining: DJ soc, Dance, English

I also would like to get involved with either Impact magazine or URN (University Radio Nottingham).
Reply 3
I'll definitely be joining Mussoc and Blowsoc. Probably OpSoc as well, and hopefully some theatre socs too if I can find time. Something like Impact or URN sounds interesting too, but I don't know if I'd actually be bothered/find time.
Definitely joining: Politics Society, Labour Society and Dance Society (street)
Maybe joining: Model United Nations, NUTS and LGBT network (i only care about the G part:wink: )

I think this will keep me busy along with my degree and epic parties!!!:woo:
stacy_j91
You don't know how excited all these threads are getting me :biggrin:
Definitely Joining: Hispanic, Latin Ballroom and Salsa, Karnival
Maybe Joining: DJ soc, Dance, English

I also would like to get involved with either Impact magazine or URN (University Radio Nottingham).
Anyone can take part in Karni rag raids (running on streets raising money then on the way back on the bus there is epic drinking, but you have to be a Karni rep to be part of the actually Karni organization. To become a rep you have to be chosen by the outgoing karni team from each hall at the end of term one.
Cool kids . . . Really? really? :rolleyes: - no only joking! :smile: That's a shame they have underperformed. Hadn't the previous year it received best trip award and its a gold star society too.

I plan to join Labour and get stuck in right away as a first year rep. Although if Labour loses at the general election, I'll be entering a gloomy era for the society I am sure.
(edited 3 years ago)
Definitely Joining : Yoga, Dance, R 'n' B, Art, Nurse, salsa

Maybe joining: Creative writing, debate, chess (:o:)

I think I might create a society, I didn't see one for extreme sports XD
Good idea

Definitely Joining:
Maths, D n B
Maybe Joining: High, Debating, Phil

Also if anyone would be interested in joining a pizza society if I made one let me know :awesome:
Reply 9
Reformed2010
Anyone can take part in Karni rag raids (running on streets raising money then on the way back on the bus there is epic drinking, but you have to be a Karni rep to be part of the actually Karni organization. To become a rep you have to be chosen by the outgoing karni team from each hall at the end of term one.

I know, I just included it in there because it was listed within the society list on that link :biggrin:
Come and do your Duke of Edinburgh's Award please guys :biggrin: hehe
Reply 11
Cannonball

two soc the same as me :biggrin:
Cannonball

nurses soc is crap! They don't do anything

NAMA is where its at, we're not really 'accepted' over at the main campus :frown:

Plus it's so hard to go to societies on placement etc- it's not really time feesable, and they have so many nights out!

I'm ready to bet you'll all join these..and only end up going to 1/2 meetings lol
I aint firmed Nottingham yet but....

Definitley Joining: Law, Afro-Carrobean, Pro Bono, Christian Union, R n B (wish they had a Hip Hop one tho)
Maybe Joining: Labour Students, Jumpers for Goalposts, Hide and Soc
Reply 14
Tha_Black_Shinobi
I aint firmed Nottingham yet but....

Definitley Joining: Law, Afro-Carrobean, Pro Bono, Christian Union, R n B (wish they had a Hip Hop one tho)
Maybe Joining: Labour Students, Jumpers for Goalposts, Hide and Soc

Same here. I think we should make one :biggrin:
Tha_Black_Shinobi
Hide and Soc

:eek: I may have to join that...
Archaeology, Asian cultural, Book club, Catholic, Film making, model united nations, song writing,UNICEF, RnB, canoe and athletics

seems a lot but i wanna keep busy!! is there any political societies i can join?
Reply 17
donutaud15
Archaeology, Asian cultural, Book club, Catholic, Film making, model united nations, song writing,UNICEF, RnB, canoe and athletics

seems a lot but i wanna keep busy!! is there any political societies i can join?

I want to keep myself busy too. Hardly want to be in my room to be honest :p:

I think there are a few political soceities. There is definitely a Labour Society somewhere.
Reply 18
Definitely Joining: Maths, Karnival (if it's something you join?)
Maybe Joining: Hide & soc, phil, labour
Reply 19
I'm quite worried that the only society that I'm remotely interested in joining is Hide and Soc lol

Latest

Trending

Trending