Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It does sounds fun to be fair :p:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Kiyon
I'm quite worried that the only society that I'm remotely interested in joining is Hide and Soc lol

I'm tempted to join almost all of them bar a few :biggrin:
Reply 22
I like the sound of yoga! Off topic but I'm just curious, Indeed how come your insurance is higher grades than your firm?
Reply 23
katie.b
I like the sound of yoga! Off topic but I'm just curious, Indeed how come your insurance is higher grades than your firm?

I had 3 offers, AAB from Birmingham and ABB from Nottingham and Sheffield. Nottingham was my favourite so I made it my firm. I didn't want to go to Sheffield, but I liked Birmingham so I had two choices: To have no insurance choice, or to put Birmingham as my insurance. I decided to put Birmingham as my insurance on the tiny chance that they'd accept me if Nottingham didn't (unlikely I know, but I felt that I might as well use my insurance choice) :smile:
Reply 24
Indeed.
I had 3 offers, AAB from Birmingham and ABB from Nottingham and Sheffield. Nottingham was my favourite so I made it my firm. I didn't want to go to Sheffield, but I liked Birmingham so I had two choices: To have no insurance choice, or to put Birmingham as my insurance. I decided to put Birmingham as my insurance on the tiny chance that they'd accept me if Nottingham didn't (unlikely I know, but I felt that I might as well use my insurance choice) :smile:

Argh picking an insurance is a toughie isn't it. I'm on my gap year, so I firmed Nottingham last year, but I never picked an insurance. It was the only place I wanted to go out of my five offers (+ Bristol, Exeter, Leeds, Southampton) so I just thought there was no point!
Definitely Joining: Politics, LGBT, Labour, vegetarian
Maybe Joining: Mondel United Nations, IMPACT

Is that too many :s
Reply 26
stacy_j91
You don't know how excited all these threads are getting me :biggrin:
Definitely Joining: Hispanic, Latin Ballroom and Salsa, Karnival
Maybe Joining: DJ soc, Dance, English

I also would like to get involved with either Impact magazine or URN (University Radio Nottingham).

I'm the current president of the Latin, Ballroom and Salsa Society, and we've won overall best society every other year for 6 years (can't win it every year, that's just mean.)

Definitely a good choice (though I won't be around as I graduate :frown: )
Nimiza
I'm the current president of the Latin, Ballroom and Salsa Society, and we've won overall best society every other year for 6 years (can't win it every year, that's just mean.)

ive wanted to go along, but it seems really hardwork and stuff and im not fit enough nor have the time to commit to it
Reply 28
Nimiza

Good to hear :biggrin:
It sounds really fun!
PhotoSoc anyone?

Forgive the plug but I'm one of the current exec members of PhotoSoc this year :smile: - we've done some fairly interesting stuff including a few tutorials on various aspects of photography including how to use our darkroom (for film) , I did one on using Photoshop myself which was interesting.

Also we've got a collection of DSLR bodies and lenses you can borrow on the payment of a deposit if you want to at any point during the year.

Reply 30
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
PhotoSoc anyone?

Forgive the plug but I'm one of the current exec members of PhotoSoc this year :smile: - we've done some fairly interesting stuff including a few tutorials on various aspects of photography including how to use our darkroom (for film) , I did one on using Photoshop myself which was interesting.

Also we've got a collection of DSLR bodies and lenses you can borrow on the payment of a deposit if you want to at any point during the year.

Yay for the PhotoSoc.
I'm bringing my SLR, I seriously need to learn how to use all of its function :redface:
Reply 31
Subcutaneous
ive wanted to go along, but it seems really hardwork and stuff and im not fit enough nor have the time to commit to it

Lies. We offer classes to complete beginners taught at a gentle pace. Only 45 minutes a week! Neither hard work, particularly strenuous, nor time consuming.
Nimiza
Lies. We offer classes to complete beginners taught at a gentle pace. Only 45 minutes a week! Neither hard work, particularly strenuous, nor time consuming.

I work shifts tho, so can't really commit to going somewhere the same time every week I'm afraid :frown:
Reply 33
I feel now is the time to advocate the Conservatives....
Waaaaaay better than Labour. We even beat them at paintballing.
Kiyon
I'm quite worried that the only society that I'm remotely interested in joining is Hide and Soc lol
nah more time for banter, clubbing, sleeping and the odd studying.
veggie4life

Hey I'm joining Politics, LGBT, Labour maybe UN and studying Politics. I wanted to get involved in student media but decided NUTS or URN over IMPACT. Any chance you've applied to Derby hall too? :biggrin:
veggie4life

Hey I'm joining Politics, LGBT, Labour and studying Politics. Any chance you've applied to Derby hall too? If so I'm sure to see you around a lot :biggrin:
Reformed2010
Hey I'm joining Politics, LGBT, Labour and studying Politics. Any chance you've applied to Derby hall too? If so I'm sure to see you around a lot :biggrin:

haha imin broadgate unfortunatly :frown: I'm sure we'll still see a lot of each other though :smile:
Reply 38
I think I should do Thai Boxing :p:
Reply 39
Definitely: Filmmaking, Karnival, Football (Womens), Surf, Snowsports, Impact Magazine
Maybe: AmeriCan Society, Capoeira, Breakdancing, Creative Writing, New Theatre, NUTS, Photosoc,
Thai Boxing (pure curiosity)

I know that's wayyyy too many but they all look so cool! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending