Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Might not be going until 2011, but -

Definitely: Politics, AmeriCan, Hide and Soc
Maybe: Impact, Motorsport, PhotoSoc
Wanischa
^ Join Thai soc :mmm:

HAHA. Are you in it? Are there non-Thais in the society? Cuz I'm not a Thai and worried it'd be weird!
Definitely Joining: christian union, trampoline, capoeira, student improv
Maybe Joining: africultural, breakdance, kung fu

:jive:
Reply 64
definitely joining - AmeriCan, New Theatre, Film Making

maybe joining - Fashion Soc, HighSoc, Yoga

also i've never done lacrosse but always wanted to have a go could i still go along?
Reply 65
alluringlyflawed
HAHA. Are you in it? Are there non-Thais in the society? Cuz I'm not a Thai and worried it'd be weird!

I'm not in it but I'm going to join...but since I'm Thai lol.
I'm planning on joining Chinese and Hispanic soc as well but I'm neither so I don't it matter :tongue:
Reply 66
Definitely Joining: Politics, LGBT Network,
Maybe Joining:Jewish and Israel,Musicality,judo,fencing and many more
Definitely: Economics, Real Ale, rugby
Maybe: rave, rugby league, hispanic
Wanischa
I'm not in it but I'm going to join...but since I'm Thai lol.
I'm planning on joining Chinese and Hispanic soc as well but I'm neither so I don't it matter :tongue:

Okay! I'll see you in Thai soc then! Yay!
Reply 69
Ahh dude don't start with this, getting me even more pumped for university!

Definitely Joining: CompSoc, GameSoc, Nottingham Entrepreneurs,
Maybe Joining: French Soc, Football OR Rugby, Ice Skating Soc,

I bet that'l change very fast!
Reply 70
effypea
definitely joining - AmeriCan, New Theatre, Film Making

maybe joining - Fashion Soc, HighSoc, Yoga

also i've never done lacrosse but always wanted to have a go could i still go along?

I don't see why not?!
Def joining: RUGBY, polo, Wine & spirits soc, Rave
Maybe joining: Athletics, conservatives, archeaology, snowsports,
Reply 72
tarwe
Definitely Joining: Dark Celluloid, Book Club, Dance, French Society, Karnival, The Silver Screen
Maybe Joining: Cheese Soc (lol), Engineers Without Borders, Hide and Soc, Mature Students' Network, NUTS, Pole Dance Society :wink:, Shock Soc, Travel Society

busy busy

Why are you joining that? I'm considering it because I want to learn the language, but I'm pretty crap and only have a GCSE :frown:
Reply 73
Is the public speaking society any good?
Reply 74
Epud
Why are you joining that? I'm considering it because I want to learn the language, but I'm pretty crap and only have a GCSE :frown:

that's the only reason why I want to join.
Reply 75
tarwe
that's the only reason why I want to join.

I recommend "Learn french by podcast" if you have some basic knowledge. It's what I'm using to improve my listening.
Reply 76
Epud
I recommend "Learn french by podcast" if you have some basic knowledge. It's what I'm using to improve my listening.

ah thanks i'll have to have a look.

my reading is alright but when it comes to speaking or listening i'm awful :frown:
Reply 77
tarwe
ah thanks i'll have to have a look.

my reading is alright but when it comes to speaking or listening i'm awful :frown:

Same. By the way, if you end up using them then it's best to have the pdfs to look up things you can't hear or understand. They try to charge you for this though, PM me if you don't know how to get them alternatively.
Reformed2010
Cool kids . . . Really? really? :rolleyes: - no only joking! :smile: That's a shame they have underperformed. Hadn't the previous year it received best trip award and its a gold star society too.

I plan to join Labour and get stuck in right away as a first year rep. Although if Labour loses at the general election, I'll be entering a gloomy era for the society I am sure.

I won't let that happen. We have too many good people in Labour Soc to let it become gloomy... even though we'll lose some very cool people this year ;(

Still thats one new cool person to replace them!
Oh, and for my third year;

Definate; AU, American Football, Labour, Pol, Real Ale, Impact
Possible: Erm... been here too long for that but I'd like to have a look at getting involved with debating...

Latest

Trending

Trending