The Student Room Group

Getting into uni

hi guys basically i want to do economics at St. Andrews my GCSE's were **** lol but they were:

A maths chem bio geog, hist
B english lang physics,
C english lit and art
D spanish

no A stars, but im workingt unbelieveably hard on my A and as levels :biggrin: and realistically i could get any of these 4 situations

AAA A*AA AAB A*A*A ( although A* in economics is a longshot))this bit less realistic

Taking Maths Economic psychology and geog for AS my B would be in maths and A* in psychology Say that i had a very good PS do u think i could get into 1. St andrews, 2. Exeter 3. Nottingham 4. Birmingham (if i cant get into my insurance uni im screwed :yes: ) 5. York?

thanks guyysss <3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone =////// im actually dying to find out lol!!!! sad really hehe
Reply 2
Your GCSEs aren't that bad OP, i've seen a lot worse from people going to uni :smile:
What do you want to do at uni? im sure you'll be fine :smile:

Edit: opps just saw the bit were you mentioned what you wanted to study, silly me!
Reply 3
lol :biggrin: ty but still didnt answer question
Reply 4
Theres no guarentee that you'll get in..

All you can do is apply and see what happens.

BTW I'd apply for a uni that is below your grades just in case. You've got five very competitive unis there for a very competitive course.
Reply 5
ty sexuali but anyone can be little more specific like how much of chance do i have of getting in??
Reply 6
Nottingham want some stupid amount of A* grades so i wouldnt try there
Reply 7
sweet and yer i just saw that like 10 mins ago so i think il swap it in for southampton :biggrin: but still any more advances on chances of getting into St. Andrews?
Reply 8
hi guys basically i want to do economics at St. Andrews my GCSE's were **** lol but they were:

A maths chem bio geog, hist
B english lang physics,
C english lit and art
D spanish

no A stars, but im workingt unbelieveably hard on my A and as levels and realistically i could get any of these 4 situations

AAA A*AA AAB A*A*A ( although A* in economics is a longshot))this bit less realistic

Taking Maths Economic psychology and geog for AS my B would be in maths and A* in psychology Say that i had a very good PS do u think i could get into 1. St andrews, 2. Exeter 3. Southampton 4. Birmingham (if i cant get into my insurance uni im screwed ) 5. York?

thanks guyysss <3
Reply 9
You already made another thread like this... /thread
Reply 10
yer but wanted better title lol get some faster better answers :biggrin: sowwy
Reply 11
:yes: /thread.
Reply 12
You still got answers in the last one.. That's what's important, no?

You should stop spamming.
tl; dr
Reply 14
btw what does " St. Andrews-Acknowledged" mean, and i didnt get good enough answers and didnt mean to spam
Reply 15
ashton.alfred
ty sexuali but anyone can be little more specific like how much of chance do i have of getting in??

The probability of getting an offer is between 0 and 1. That is all anyone will be able to tell you.
Reply 16
It means they have your application. It's the initial phase before they either choose to give an offer or interview.

Ask for this thread to be closed. It's unnecessary.
Reply 17
i.am.lost
tl; dr

thats cool but didnt answer da question =/
Reply 18
meh il close the other one
Reply 19
are those grades good enough for an offer then

Latest

Trending

Trending