The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 1
I have the same feeling as you, can't be asked to live in the student village, I am now thinking to go for either opal court or nixon court .

p.s i am also freshers next year
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Ive been put off applying to the Student Village because of the distance too. Its far from the town and nipping back to uni is an event.

I think Im gearing towards either Opal Court or Nixon.
Reply 3
-F-
Ive been put off applying to the Student Village because of the distance too. Its far from the town and nipping back to uni is an event.

I think Im gearing towards either Opal Court or Nixon.

After living in Oadby halls for 2 years now, I can tell you it's not. If it was that much hassel, I wouldn't have applied again to stay for my 3rd year. Also, the atmosphere is much better in the Student Village than in the halls closer to uni. I have got several friends who feel they missed out on the 'uni experience' from living in halls close to the uni. One such friend is moving in with me in my hall next year as she feels she missed out so much and wants to experience it.
Reply 4
QI Elf is right.

The accommodations near the university is kind of filled with second year students and above. Granted, several friends got into Nixon Court so it's not like there will be no first years at all. I would say that the student village is where most of the events occur for first year students.

I'm planning on living in Nixon, but that's now that I've found my friends at university.

Latest

Trending

Trending