The Student Room Group
Get Griffiths Gamsat Review - available as a download - and work through the listed topics. The chemistry, biology and phyiscs topics don't completely coincide with A-level syllabi so don't just rely on A-level study guides. Someone on New Media Medicine has created a useful and free website for revision - click here
Reply 2
Just been learning some physics equations! Good times!!!
I passed the GAMSAT with little revision, entirely fluke I assure you. It was because I haven't done any Physics since yr 9, so I got all worked up about trying to do GCSE and A Level Physics learning in ver few weeks, that I only really had time to read through my old biology and chem notes. I certainly found that most of what you need to answer the question will be in the question and with logic. The problem is that the questions are worded so awkwardly, that by reading the question you just confuse yourself on what you already know, however, we haven't gottent his far without having it drummed into us to 'READ THE QUESTION!!!', so it's up to you really. It's not that* hard, but it is confusing. Don't forget your comprehension and essay writing as the science and maths is only a third. Griffiths GAMSAT review was indeed a lifesaver, especially his tips on how to approach and structure your essays. Good luck.
Reply 4
At the moment, Im going to get all the scientific formulas/mechanisms learnt and then over summer move onto the actual content.

Will probably learn some Biology before summer as well- I will leave the interpretations till last, as I am doing English, and have so far been good on the practise questions. Its all about reading the texts explicitly and not thinking that there are alternate interpretations. Its as you read it
Reply 5
Just been doing cell revision. God sciences are way better than arts subjects. I really hope I get in, revising something I enjoy seems a great prospect
Reply 6
just a point re: specifics in sciences. By all means learn all the facts you can, but I found that the GAMSAT really tests your understanding rather than your knowledge. Generally the questions give you all the information necessary and you are expected to use your understand of the problem to solve it.

At the core of every question is a theme found in A-level textbooks, but the details added often test your grasp of those basics to breaking point.
Original post by med2012
bump

does anyone have the griffiths review ebook that they can send to me?

Yeah but it's gonna cost you! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending