The Student Room Group

What are the foods from your childhood?

As the title suggests, share them! :p:

I have so many, so I'll only list a few:
Supernoodles with chopped up hot dogs (My Dad couldn't cook...)
Gobstoppers
Endless Pic 'n' Mix (White Mice, Shrimps and Bananas, Giant Jazzles)
BN Biscuits
Kinder Surprise :coma:
And if anyone remembers it, Simpsons Cereal? They did crisps too. :wink:

It doesn't have to be discontinued foods!

Scroll to see replies

deannaspanner
As the title suggests, share them! :p:
BN Biscuits

And if anyone remembers it, Simpsons Cereal? They did crisps too. :wink:

It doesn't have to be discontinued foods!

BN (y)
wasn't it chocolate? i remember some scrummy simpsons thing...

ooh, and i remember watching robot wars whilst eating these weird chocolate spaceships filled with raspberry yoghurt
oh, and the awesome hp sweets you could get: every flavour chocolate i only had once, and it was divine!!
Reply 2
Winders :coma:

Anyone remember those?!
BNs, Monster Munch, BabyBels, Laughing Cow cheese, pick n mix from Woolworths, Rolos, Winders, Club chocolate bars
Reply 4
Banana Pops
Wonkalate
Wonka Xploder
Disney chocolate bars (in red wrappers - milk chocolate with a white chocolate Disney shape in the centre)
Trio bars
Toffypops
Those little biscuits with jam and two lines of marshmallow...
Zap Lollies
Frufoo Yoghurts (and Frufoo chocolates)

I could be here all night, really...
Reply 5
Spam fritters

The lollypop that had bubblegum in the middle.

Breakaway bars - or can you still get them.

And WHAM bars were definitely bigger than they are now!!!!!
Reply 6
Kebabish chips with garlic and chilli sauce

Can still see the effects around my hips lol :sigh:
Reply 7
Lollyage

Anyone remember those?!

Were they like a reel of jelly type chewy sweet?
Reply 8
once my dad made me chips and he cut the potatos into the letters of my name :biggrin:

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, kraft mac n cheese, these bitsize microwavable burgers and pizzas, ramen noodles... I think I mostly remember American things that we don't get over here
Hm. I've just realised that I don't link many particular foods or meals to my childhood. I probably didn't eat much anyway; I was a weird gangly little thing, and was always being shifted about to various childminders, so I didn't eat at home a great deal.

Only thing I can think of are these chocolate monster things. Does anyone remember them? Yowies, I think they were called. Hand-sized, and inside was a little animal figurine. My mum used to buy me one when she was guilty about something or another. I have an absolutely massive collection of those plastic animals still.

Lollyage

Anyone remember those?!

I used to love them!...strawberry flavoured of course..:smile:
Lollyage

Anyone remember those?!

Omg those were the best things... And I used to think I was really clever coz I thought I'd tricked my mum into believing they were healthy

also
custard creams
those weird jelly sweets that came in a tiny carton and you o
like drank/ate them :s
Rainbow drops :yep:
Homous and pita bread with Halloumi cheese.

What can I say, I had a healthy Mediterranean upbringing... :dontknow:

My dad always made sure I ate healthy, allow all this sugary crap you guys are talking about.
Reply 14
AmiiRainbow
BN (y)
wasn't it chocolate? i remember some scrummy simpsons thing...

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/product_pics/ukcereal.jpg
:cool:

OH, and another one that just came to me, the Harry Potter chocolate frogs. You got cards with them as well! :p:
Reply 15
roast dinners, spag bol and home made trifle.
Reply 16
kamc
once my dad made me chips and he cut the potatos into the letters of my name :biggrin:

I used to do that for my sister. Spent ages on it (especially the As), but she never appreciated it.
DisgruntledMoth

Only thing I can think of are these chocolate monster things. Does anyone remember them? Yowies, I think they were called. Hand-sized, and inside was a little animal figurine. My mum used to buy me one when she was guilty about something or another. I have an absolutely massive collection of those plastic animals still.

YOWIE! =D i think i've got a platypus from a yowie somewhere...
i even had the books... :smile:
Reply 18
the long sherbet things which looked absolutely huge, but now they're disappointing. I miss being small.
the small sherbet things that cost 1p or 2p each from the corner shop.

the crisp shop at primary school (I bet it's not there now) where I got my Tangy Toms, Space Raiders, Bikers etc. for 10p.

Party Rings.
Screwballs. I was gutted when the ice-cream man came today and I had no change and was home alone.
Chucky egg and soldiers and my gran's house :coma: She still makes it for me now:sogood:
Reply 19
Freshly baked cinnamon rolls with a glass of cold milk, pyttipanna and pancakes :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest