The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

imagination is i think offered by the education school.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi I'm doin class civ n french at nottingham! Where's evry1 stopping? Any1 in Cripps Hall? Sounds like ppl have read loads off the booklist unfortunately my library is a bit pants n have only got utterly useless books (plus about 500 copies of the iliad/oddyssey and half a copy of some catullus!) muh!
bit bout me: I did GCSE Latin n Greek n A-Level Latin n Class Civ
I like all sorts of music (pref stuff to dance to or soppy luv songs lol)
a well sum1 get back t me coz this is my first post too! woo! lol
xxx :p:
charli_brown
Oh my word 18 days??!?!! Scary! I'm in Mongolia at the moment (hehe better explain - doing mission work with my church - teaching english and running a youth group) but managed to find an internet cafe so I could catch up with the TSR gossip :smile: I bought the latin textbook off amazon. It's got a blue cover if that helps!! I just typed in the authors names and found it. It took a while to come so I'd get it soon. And I haven't read much to be honest just a few general books on Greece and Rome which they recommended plus The Oddessey and The Iliad. Need to read loads this week. See you soon eeek! x

o my gosh completely forgot bout buyin books!!! ARGH! :eek:
Reply 43
I'm going buy a few but the majority when I get there-gotta go now as Neighbours is starting!
so how much has ne1 read? n where's evry1 gettin their books from?
Reply 45
The reading list didn't specify that we read anything in particular, and for this reason, rather than buy the wrong books and waste money, I am planning to wait until freshers week and then buy the books I will need for whichever modules I choose to take. It is quite helpful to check out the module catalogue as sometimes it says which books are needed. eg. for the module on Elegiac poets the translation of Propertius required is Guy Lee.
Reply 46
I agree with Soph, I got the short intro to classics, but havn't read anything else offthe reading list. All my other classics reading is what I had to do for Class civ @ A-level. I havn't read any proper history books because we did all literature (epic&plays)

I don't think anyone needs to panic, my sister bought a load of books last year then didn't need them at all.

xXx
yayness i read quite a few extra plays last yr (coz i decided to read anything that wasnt actually on the spec for A-level just bcoz it was there!) so hope they come in useful! C evrybody nxt weekend! good idea bout how not t waste money soph! x
Reply 48
Eeeep! Not long to go now! Am I the only one who has chosen Beginners Greek? :-S
Reply 49
Hi everyone, not long now, so just wanted to say good luck to all the classicists for Sat/Sun (Im moving in on Sunday). I look forward to seeing you at registration!

I'm so scared! xXx
Reply 50
I'm so scared too.......................................
Reply 51
Ok Classics people! Not long now!!! Bet some of you are going tomorrow? What classics type books are you all taking, apart from those you might have got from the reading list. Im taking Odyssey and Aeneid, but ive got a load of other history books and tragedies etc that Im not sure whether or not to bring? Reply ASAP please xXx
Reply 52
I'm taking everything I own that is relevant to Classics and some of my A level notes also. So really quite a lot, but is I don't need it all I can send it back home with my mother when she comes to visit.
Reply 53
sophieliz
I'm taking everything I own that is relevant to Classics and some of my A level notes also. So really quite a lot, but is I don't need it all I can send it back home with my mother when she comes to visit.

I've dicided to do it the other way around, I'm taking the bare minimum of books, I can always get someone to bring others up if I need them! I don't think we'll really need books that they don't tell us to buy when we're there anyway. (I already have way too much to take without like 40 books on top of it all!)

xXx

Latest

Trending

Trending