The Student Room Group

Module 10 OCR 8th March.

Anyone else do it today aswell? How did you find it, any particular questions that you found easy or difficult? Discuss...

I found it harder than ALL the past papers, as much of it were not similar to the past papers. I wish there were more algebra questions aswell. :mad:
Also, can someone explain what they got for last question on section B about the radius and their method :biggrin:

Stupid stupid mistake: Cos graph. I drew Sine even when it stated Cos, and realised at the very end. 2 marks lost ftw.
Reply 1
Yeah it was quite hard but only in terms of getting it all done in time. I had to do M9 in the same sitting because my school sucks and I really panicked on the 'prove the two triangles' thing but got it eventually.
Reply 2
Oh the radius thing. Well you could have either used the curved surface area or the circumference to work it out. I used the surface area - I found the surface area of the net, and then the formula for curved surface area (pi r length) is equal to this. So just rearrange to find r. I got 5.5 (and alot of people I know got 5.5 or 5.6 so Im pretty sure its right.)
Reply 3
tefnut
Oh the radius thing. Well you could have either used the curved surface area or the circumference to work it out. I used the surface area - I found the surface area of the net, and then the formula for curved surface area (pi r length) is equal to this. So just rearrange to find r. I got 5.5 (and alot of people I know got 5.5 or 5.6 so Im pretty sure its right.)

Dang, I put down the formula for curved surface area, then I didn't know what 'h' was so I thought it was wrong. I even worked out the area of the circle section, and i didn't realise they were both equal so I did some other random thing and came out with 5.0128 which is wrong.

You still think i got a mark for finding out the area and noting down the formula? :frown:
Reply 4
tefnut

I used the circumfrence way and got 5.56 :smile: .
I didn't find it too bad, I'm so glad that it's over and done with and all we have to do in maths is revise M7,8,9 and 10.
Anyone know when we get the results?
Reply 5
Could anyone do me a huge favour and tell me some of the topics covered in the exam?
'cause i'm doing this in june and i'm pretty sure were not doing everything in class :/

hope you all did good, thankyou :biggrin:
Reply 6
emma363
Could anyone do me a huge favour and tell me some of the topics covered in the exam?
'cause i'm doing this in june and i'm pretty sure were not doing everything in class :/

hope you all did good, thankyou :biggrin:

Drawing a graph, and solving equation graphically.
quadratic equations
algebraic manipulation
volume and surface area kinda
umm.... surds
growth and decay
I might have missed some out :s-smilie:

Hope this helps :wink:

Btw, don't rely on this paper as a guide on what is going to be in the exam. It was pretty different to the past papers. It didn't even have vectors.... and hardly any difficult algebra which is the easier stuff imo.
Reply 7
Awesomesauce
Drawing a graph, and solving equation graphically.
quadratic equations
algebraic manipulation
volume and surface area kinda
umm.... surds
growth and decay
I might have missed some out :s-smilie:

Hope this helps :wink:

Btw, don't rely on this paper as a guide on what is going to be in the exam. It was pretty different to the past papers. It didn't even have vectors.... and hardly any difficult algebra which is the easier stuff imo.

thankyou very much :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending