The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

The Wire! dont know how you would fair without i.d, depends how big your breasts are :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
The cockpit will serve a baby.
Reply 3
Moe Lester
The cockpit will serve a baby.

for club nights or general gigs?
Reply 4
Ludwig Wittgenstein
The Wire! dont know how you would fair without i.d, depends how big your breasts are :smile:

haha fair play, won't comment there...nice profile by the way ha :wink:
KatherineRose
haha fair play, won't comment there...nice profile by the way ha :wink:

:teehee:

thanks and good luck
I think the Cockpit will ID you as well, most of the places in Leeds are very strict. Im 'considerably older' and I have been asked for ID a few times, a bouncer told me once that West Yorkshire police are pretty harsh on the club owners about it, they like the idea of people having ID on them regardless of age, so if something kicks off, the police can get hold of the perpetrators' ID and get them prosecuted.

Cockpit on a Saturday night is usually metalheads and moshers. Fridays is the best general night for Cockpit, or Wednesday the best student night.

You might be OK at the Faversham. Thats just next to the uni campus, doesn't look like there's a gig on just teh club night but Bad Sneakers is usually a good night out: http://www.thefaversham.com/night/2010-04-24/badsneakers
Reply 7
MagicNMedicine
I think the Cockpit will ID you as well, most of the places in Leeds are very strict. Im 'considerably older' and I have been asked for ID a few times, a bouncer told me once that West Yorkshire police are pretty harsh on the club owners about it, they like the idea of people having ID on them regardless of age, so if something kicks off, the police can get hold of the perpetrators' ID and get them prosecuted.

Cockpit on a Saturday night is usually metalheads and moshers. Fridays is the best general night for Cockpit, or Wednesday the best student night.

You might be OK at the Faversham. Thats just next to the uni campus, doesn't look like there's a gig on just teh club night but Bad Sneakers is usually a good night out: http://www.thefaversham.com/night/2010-04-24/badsneakers

Ah thanks for telling me about the Cockpit, I have no idea which are student nights and the different types that go when.etc, not til i go to uni anyway! Saturday did sound very mosh-like with The Garage and I'm more for the indie.
Tunes for Bad Sneakers is more to my liking! I'll try and check it out, I'm guessing I might have to wait til I'm 18...but thanks :smile:
Reply 8
MagicNMedicine

Oh also, could you tell me what the Oceana's like? Music-wise, who goes...more locals?...etc
Oceana is a bit chavvy. Students go but a lot of the locals who go are either overdolled up girls or wannabe gangsta boys who go round "lookin for da ladiez innit". The more indie places like Cockpit, Wire, Faversham or Stone Roses Bar are more indie-type students plus older locals.

Fab Cafe is quite a funky place which is good if you're just in Leeds for one night and stuck for somewhere to go, its not far from the uni (basically turn right down the road from campus and walk about 4/5 mins till you get to Morrisons and its next to there). The music is varied and there's plenty of space to sit and chat as well as a dance floor.

Again it may be that even these places will ID you and be strict, if you really can't get anywhere then maybe go to the students union and to the Old Bar or Terrace. There are usually bouncers on the door but they won't ID you if you look like a student, they are more there to stop local blokes who obviously aren't students, from coming in
Carrying on from MagNmedicine's post

The locals are weird - I was in Leeds yesterday and was walking back from campus to town and stopped for a waz in the toilets in McDonalds just near the Morrisons. Whilst I was doing my business there were sounds of puking, crying and generally animal like noises coming from the single cubicle. I went to wash my hands and the person came out the cubicle. He came and stood next to me and I glanced over... A 4 foot, 60 year old midget with sick all over his face was staring up at me, smiling.

I ran.
Thats nothing to do with the locals though, McDonalds food is like that everywhere.
Reply 12
My friend said the Oceana was chavvy, I just didn't know if it was true. Clubs in my area are all chavesque, dislike!
We'll probably just head to the union, I'm thinking for my 18th head to the Cockpit on a Friday night, then maybe the Wire or Faversham on the Saturday :smile: best preferences for me, from what you've said anyway.
Reply 13
Ludwig Wittgenstein

The locals are weird - I was in Leeds yesterday and was walking back from campus to town and stopped for a waz in the toilets in McDonalds just near the Morrisons. Whilst I was doing my business there were sounds of puking, crying and generally animal like noises coming from the single cubicle. I went to wash my hands and the person came out the cubicle. He came and stood next to me and I glanced over... A 4 foot, 60 year old midget with sick all over his face was staring up at me, smiling.

I ran.

Oh nice...dodgy man! Random question, is your name Alex Terry?
KatherineRose
Oh nice...dodgy man! Random question, is your name Alex Terry?

maybe :ninja:
Reply 15
Ludwig Wittgenstein
maybe :ninja:

If it is, I'm a genius :wink:. I just remember someone on the 'Leeds Applicants 2010' thread applying for the same course and went to the same school...it just seemed coincidental haha.
KatherineRose
If it is, I'm a genius :wink:. I just remember someone on the 'Leeds Applicants 2010' thread applying for the same course and went to the same school...it just seemed coincidental haha.

shh :ninja:
Reply 17
Ludwig Wittgenstein
shh :ninja:

Different username though? Haha, don't worry, won't reveal anymore of your identity. :wink:
Reply 18
Ludwig Wittgenstein

The locals are weird - I was in Leeds yesterday and was walking back from campus to town and stopped for a waz in the toilets in McDonalds just near the Morrisons.

And how is McDonalds in Nottingham any different?
Gissing
And how is McDonalds in Nottingham any different?

hahaha good point
i wasnt saying all locals are midgets with sick on their faces... there's just a lot of weirdos wandering around in comparison to a lot of big citys
(which is saying something in itself)

Latest