The Student Room Group

Charterhouse School

Anyone on TSR starting Charterhouse School this September?

Is there anyone who is already studying there? Are there any past pupils here on TSR?

If you just know of Charterhouse, what is your opinion of it?

Scroll to see replies

I know it is one of the elite private schools in the country. It has a very high A grade pass rate at A-level.
Reply 2
anybody else???
no, but we play them at Rugby every year.
And beat them :cool:
Reply 4
Crimsonchilli
no, but we play them at Rugby every year.
And beat them :cool:

what school do you go?
Reply 5
I know someone who used to go there, he liked it a lot as far as I know.
Reply 6
I think I saw two TSR members who might go there, but I only remember the username of one of them: cadaeibfeceh
Reply 7
I don't go there but we have a fair amount of contact with them - debating comps, rugby, family friends who worked there. Very elite. Very pretentious. Wouldn't recommend it, based on what I've seen, but that's my biased opinion. I'm sure you'll have a fab time there, facilities and everything are great.
Reply 8
Hi I'm at Charterhouse and my brother is joining in September. Absolutely fantastic school, great teachers and facilities. I love it!
Reply 9
aeneas745
Hi I'm at Charterhouse and my brother is joining in September. Absolutely fantastic school, great teachers and facilities. I love it!

I'm starting there in year 12. I'm sorry if i'm being a pest but I have a few questions that i hope you wouldnt mind answering.

what year are you in?
Which houses would you recommend?
What are you studying?
Whats the teaching like?

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 10
Ulo
I don't go there but we have a fair amount of contact with them - debating comps, rugby, family friends who worked there. Very elite. Very pretentious. Wouldn't recommend it, based on what I've seen, but that's my biased opinion. I'm sure you'll have a fab time there, facilities and everything are great.

if you don't mind answering, why exactly wouldnt you recommend it?
llys
I think I saw two TSR members who might go there, but I only remember the username of one of them: cadaeibfeceh

Cadaeibfeceh is going to university next year (certianly applied during this round anyway) so you must be mistaken. =]
Reply 12
paddy__power
Cadaeibfeceh is going to university next year (certianly applied during this round anyway) so you must be mistaken. =]

Sorry I meant he might be going there, at the moment. If the OP has questions about 6th form he can probably ask him.
llys
Sorry I meant he might be going there, at the moment. If the OP has questions about 6th form he can probably ask him.

Oh I see, fair enough - my bad =]
Reply 14
Typical public school, fair mix of people, not brilliant at rugby, good Oxbridge acceptance rate. My friend knows a few ex Charter House boys who go to Godalming college and they're all a bit snobby and chip on shoulder - then again most ex public schoolboys are when they get demoted as their parents can't pay the tuition fees :yep: It is one of the original 8 English public schools and it's still got a good reputation, so of course the teaching is going to be good.
Are you joining for sixth form? Quite a number of students from London private schools decide to board and manage to persuade their parents to pay **** expensive fees for 2 years, because most of them have 'never boarded and have missed out on the boarding school lifestyle' :colonhash: what BS.
Reply 16
JamJes
my friend is joining yr 12 in september so you will probably meet her then :smile:

oh really, is she on TSR, it would be good if i could PM her if she is, we could share the excitement :woo:
Reply 17
time.to.dance
Are you joining for sixth form? Quite a number of students from London private schools decide to board and manage to persuade their parents to pay **** expensive fees for 2 years, because most of them have 'never boarded and have missed out on the boarding school lifestyle' :colonhash: what BS.

my brother joined there last year and i quite like it, so i got myself a scholarship and got accepted. No fees for me :biggrin:
nightrider94
my brother joined there last year and i quite like it, so i got myself a scholarship and got accepted. No fees for me :biggrin:

Ah :h: Congrats! Enjoy your time there and make the best of it :h:
Reply 19
JamJes
sadly she's not on here... well at least I don't think so. :s-smilie:
which a levels are you taking you might be in some of her classes? I'll tell her that I found a fellow charter houser on here though and maybe she'll make an account or something. Hope you have fun when you start!

thank you it would be really good if you could do that.
I'm doing maths and f.maths, economics and politics.

Would you know what subjects your friend may be doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending